Veteran Status Confirmed - Hammar Voss

BOOM

vossnew47.png

With the sudden realization that I'm now eligible for the Veteran Presence point task, here I sit, ready to whine and complain about my career so far. Regular viewers will be used to the constant stream of negativity and pessimism from the Boomchenko™ player agency so why not give the VHL fans what they expect?

After being selected at 6th Overall in the S83 VHL Entry Draft by the Helsinki Titans, Voss suspected that it might be a bumpy ride until his Rookie deal expired and he was free to explore other options. After all, the agencies previous stint with the Titans, in the form of Gunnar Odinsson also failed miserably and ended in his move to the Legion due to Locker Room issues. The Titans have never been a preferred destination for the Agency and once again, time is ticking on the stay in Finland. He has been disappointing(as expected) in Helsinki colors since arriving and things really haven't clicked for the booming defenseman from South Africa. 

This past off-season, which has been explained and excused by all involved, nonetheless sealed the fate of Voss and ensured that he'll be in a different uniform once the puck drops in S86. Too much has been said by both parties in relation to the disaster this off-season, and relationships have broken down to the point where Voss hasn't been allowed access to the Titans Locker room since the end of their brief playoff stint last season. "I mean, I get it, I'm not allowed or wanted in the Locker Room, but it fucking sucks to be honest. I have to arrive separately, dress for the game, sit by myself in the stands during the period breaks and then leave the facility before the other players after the game. Great team atmosphere in my worthless opinion", said Voss yesterday. The only contact with the team is brief text messages with Florida Man, who remains the only Titans player to contact Voss since last season. It's a terrible situation for everyone involved, and the likelihood of any trade this season has been shot down, with Voss saying that he won't extend with any trading partner, simply to ensure that the Titans don't benefit from a trade. He will walk away, on his own terms to a team of his choosing. No matter what or if, anything happens with regards to the Helsinki Titans GM position, the franchise is finished as far as he is concerned. "It's simply a team that I've had nothing but terrible experiences with, so as far as future clients, the Titans will be off-limits", said Vladimir Boomchenko, Voss' agent.

Season 84 was a dramatic realization that Voss wasn't going to live up to any of the hype or promise that might have been. A dismal campaign where he only managed 52 points and 82 hits, disappointed many award voters, and ultimately Voss himself. "Terrible, just goddamn terrible" he said. "A complete failure and proof that you simply should not believe your own hype, or listen to the so called experts in the VHL."

Whatever happens next is anyone's guess, but here's hoping that a change of uniform may result in a change of fortune for Hammar.

500+