Thunder’s Wordcast for the Impaired Podcaster - Episode #6

Thunder

Welcome to episode #6 of Thunders Wordcast for the Impaired Podcaster.  It’s another week of Thunder’s inability to do a legit podcast.  And for those who do them, no offense but don’t you think its time to do another?  I like to listen to a variety of podcasts as it gives a really good perspective of the VHL.  Until Thunder gets the gonads to do an actual podcast, it will be wordcasts.  Let’s get started.

Hockey talk for this session will consist of the WHL, Mississauga, and of course Brian Payne.  Other discussions, words permitted, may include trivia, Costco, and spiders.

The WHL hockey season starts this weekend and I have to admit, I am so out of it that I’m not at all familiar with my home team roster.  Things were different when we subscribed to the newspaper, but that ship has sailed.  Instead, I have to rely on the happenings of the Silvertips from my wife and her friend.  Last season, they hogged our season tickets and went to most of the games.  Not that I minded, because I refused to oblige by the rules that were imposed on attending the games.  In fact, I went to only one game last season and I forget who won, whether it was Everett or Seattle.  The whole season is a blur.  About all I can say is the Tips have problems in the playoffs.  They havent been a playoff team and its time to turn that around.  Especially since Spokane, Seattle, and Portland always seem to step it up in the playoffs and advance further than the Tips.

Unfortunately I would have to compare the Warsaw Predators to the Spokane Chiefs.  They are both play off hockey teams.  I know, I know, all you damn Thunderbird fans want to tell me how far Seattle went last season.  Whoopie!  We’re comparing tough guy teams.  Last season, Warsaw performed like the Chiefs.  Ending the season with little expectation from the VHL crowd to advance, Warsaw gritted it out to win the Cup.  The Chiefs are quite experienced at being at the bottom of the division and make it multiple rounds in the playoffs.  Why is that?  Easy, they know how to play “play off hockey.”  Even worse, I’d like to say that Brian Payne is the weak link for the Predators and will be part of the downfall of the Warsaw success, but that son of a bitch is pounding through the season making his way to the top of the leaderboard.  The only thing I can talk crap about Payne is that Jake Thunder kicked his ass!!  Now, I gotta keep that streak going.

The next topic takes us to the VHLM.  I was checking things out recently and saw that Mississauga is struggling badly.  I haven’t been paying attention until now, but I really hope they can turn things around and have some success.  I can’t imagine what the GM is going through, let alone the players on the team.  Good luck Mississauga.

Next up, trivia.  WTF!  I’m about ready to call it quits having to figure out how to get 2 TPE week after week just because I can’t get a trivia question right.  Six trivia questions in a row now that I have gotten wrong.  Apparently the format changed and the trivia gods decided to make the questions tougher and in order to get the correct answer you have to know where to look, and its not HOF or stats.  I dont know.  I used to willingly spend several minutes to get the questions correct, but that sinkhole has filled.  I’m going to guess and be done in less than a minute from now on.  I have to figure there’s a 25% chance of getting it right.

Looking at the current word count, I’m going to skip the Costco discussion and go right into spiders.  Let me start with, “I hate them little f…ers.”  And this is the time of year these bastards like to hang on their webs and wait for unsuspecting victims to walk right into their web, or even worse, walk right into their bodies.  The spiders I’m talking about are not the cute harmless daddy long legs, hell no.  On our property its the brown recluse and hobos.  Some of them get pretty big and they all get in the way.  With the colder nights and sunny days, I cant get away from them.  Every morning I get plastered with a web right as a get to the truck door.  Even when I know its coming and try to swat it away, its like a hidden strand comes darting across my face causing sweat and anxiety.  Even worse, going out back has become an invisible war zone being the webs are strategically woven across beams and patio furniture, gutters and window sills.  It matters not, I could brush away all the webs and within five minutes they are back.  For the next month, I’ve gotta deal with this crap.  And for those who have no fear of spiders, I dont mind being called a pussy.  I’ve been bitten!

857 words