Henry Eagles Rookie Experience

Greg_Di

What a rough start it has been for the 1st overall pick in the S85 draft. Having come into the draft with lots of hype and potential, this young stars start to his rookie season has not been the most ideal. Henry and the Wolves decided he should skip going to the E and play in the big leagues right of the bat. Both management and player were excited with this opportunity and outcome as the Wolves were and still are expected to be a top contender in this years playoffs.

What has transpired so far is not what anyone could have imagined. 32 games into the season, Eagles is sitting with only 10 points to his name. This has not been due to a lack of ice time and not getting the opportunities but more of getting used to the faster speed, the bigger players and building chemistry with his team-mates. The lack of production has definitely frustrated Henry but he knows things can only get better as the season goes on. 

Coming into the league as a two-way forward who can find the back of the net, he has not yet shown those abilities which helped him dominate the VHLM. In fact he is on a similar pace as to what he produced in the VHLE.

"It's not the most ideal start as the top pick in the draft but my career is only just starting. One season will not define the type of player I can and will become" Henry said "I have the skill, I have the talent, it's just a matter of putting it all together on the big stage. This will come with time and I have no worries. All I care about at the moment is that the Wolves keep on winning and that we are able to compete for the cup. That is all that matters, Rookie of the year or any other individual awards do not matter to me at this time. If I wanted to win rookie of the year I would have skipped playing in the pros this year to get one more season in the VHLE but that is not the type of player I am. I always want to be competing against the best"

Everyone is hoping that Eagles can turn his game around in the 2nd half of the season and help the Wolves on their quest for the cup.