VHLM Simming

Achilles

It is a bit ridiculous most of the league is simmed by 4pm but people who play in the VHLM have to wait to basically midnight for the sim. This is ridiculous and fix it. 

Edited by Achilles

• Commissioner

1. I moved this because it’s not a media spot

2. Keep in mind that simming isn’t automated. Real people are pressing those buttons and the availability of those real people doesn’t always perfectly line up with one another. I assure you it’s not intentionally shafting one league or another it’s just the time availability of the simmer doing it.

4 hours ago, Frank said:

@Achilles you've been here 5 minutes and you're already choosing violence. 

And for someone to be in the recruitment team, you have a great way speaking to 5 min players

Edited by Achilles

Ah it's been too long since we had a "sims need to happen at exactly the time I want them to happen" thread. Not taking a shot at you but this is something that pops up every so often and it's usually from someone newer who doesn't (yet) get how tough it can be for a simmer to do things exactly on time, every day without fail. That point has been made, though, so I won't harp on it.

Something else to keep in mind is that our simmers do coordinate how sims play out over the course of a season--it doesn't really matter if a set of sims is happening later on in the day; your season will start and end on the same days as the other two leagues, with the same number of games in between, and very rarely will your simmer miss a day altogether. In the case that that does happen, too, it's more than likely you'll see a day made up after the fact (and then you'll get 4 games instead of 2).

To be a simmer in this league, you have to show that you're a mature, dedicated individual who can be trusted with a lot--and if that's the case in this league, it's probably the case out of it. And if it's the case outside of the league, chances are you've got a lot of important things to deal with in life as well. Speaking as someone who's getting a lot busier IRL, it's impressive that our simmers are as consistent as they are. 

So it's really not ridiculous at all. You're not the first to think it is, and won't be the last, but most eventually get that things are fine as is after a while.

Just now, Victor said:

wow this is some best people talk here

I'm not sure when exactly I went from new guy with an inferiority complex to Society of Elderly Males but it happened at some point. Hopefully I can still relate to the whippersnappers 🤷‍♂️

• Commissioner
42 minutes ago, Gustav said:

I'm not sure when exactly I went from new guy with an inferiority complex to Society of Elderly Males but it happened at some point. Hopefully I can still relate to the whippersnappers 🤷‍♂️

Happens to everyone in time, embrace it.

@AchillesI am a first generation player like yourself.  This is now my third season and I like you have found that the inconsistency of the sims to be frustrating.  One things that was pointed out to me was that this is a worldwide forum.  It is quite possible that the person simming for you may live in a completely different section of the world.  Even if you look at this stream so far we have Beketov who is in Eastern Canada, you and I are in Ontario and Rory in Alberta.  that is 3 time zones, Lemorse is in Hawaii based on his location tag.  That there opens a huge variability in peoples schedules.

Someone did mention that the sim time overall doesn't matter as you will play your entire schedule even if a day gets missed, and that is true but no less frustrating.   Now all that being said I want to address the veterans here.

What nobody has stopped to recognize is that people like myself and Achilles make note of the simulation times and eagerly await for the games to run because we are excited.  You have seen these threads numerous times and we can accept that they probably get old after a while.  You know there isn't anything you can do and the simmers are doing the best they can.  But as was noted it is always some new player, these are your first gen players who are excited, engaged, eager about what their characters may be doing.  The answer to these types of threads need to be encouragement, recognition that it does suck that sometimes the sims are delayed or may not even happen for a day, but in the end remembering that this is the player you want to have here.  They need to be reminded that the simmers have lives and are doing the best they can, but they also need to be heard and acknowledged.

@Achilles welcome to the league, have a little patience, this can be a lot of fun.  It won't always be perfect and you may have to look at your sims the next morning (which sucks) but it can be a great experience.  Focus on what you can control, build your TPE and enjoy yourself.

@Frank@Gustav @Beketov@Lemorse7thanks for the work you all do in the league, but you may all have forgotten what it is like to be a new player waiting with excitement to see how your character does in their games.  Seeing your first goal, your first multipoint game, your first fighting major with expulsion only seconds into the first period.  I hope one day that you will get annoyed (like you used to, we all know you did) when your sims aren't there at the usual time because you were genuinely excited to see how you did.

44 minutes ago, JCarson said:

@AchillesI am a first generation player like yourself.  This is now my third season and I like you have found that the inconsistency of the sims to be frustrating.  One things that was pointed out to me was that this is a worldwide forum.  It is quite possible that the person simming for you may live in a completely different section of the world.  Even if you look at this stream so far we have Beketov who is in Eastern Canada, you and I are in Ontario and Rory in Alberta.  that is 3 time zones, Lemorse is in Hawaii based on his location tag.  That there opens a huge variability in peoples schedules.

Someone did mention that the sim time overall doesn't matter as you will play your entire schedule even if a day gets missed, and that is true but no less frustrating.   Now all that being said I want to address the veterans here.

What nobody has stopped to recognize is that people like myself and Achilles make note of the simulation times and eagerly await for the games to run because we are excited.  You have seen these threads numerous times and we can accept that they probably get old after a while.  You know there isn't anything you can do and the simmers are doing the best they can.  But as was noted it is always some new player, these are your first gen players who are excited, engaged, eager about what their characters may be doing.  The answer to these types of threads need to be encouragement, recognition that it does suck that sometimes the sims are delayed or may not even happen for a day, but in the end remembering that this is the player you want to have here.  They need to be reminded that the simmers have lives and are doing the best they can, but they also need to be heard and acknowledged.

@Achilles welcome to the league, have a little patience, this can be a lot of fun.  It won't always be perfect and you may have to look at your sims the next morning (which sucks) but it can be a great experience.  Focus on what you can control, build your TPE and enjoy yourself.

@Frank@Gustav @Beketov@Lemorse7thanks for the work you all do in the league, but you may all have forgotten what it is like to be a new player waiting with excitement to see how your character does in their games.  Seeing your first goal, your first multipoint game, your first fighting major with expulsion only seconds into the first period.  I hope one day that you will get annoyed (like you used to, we all know you did) when your sims aren't there at the usual time because you were genuinely excited to see how you did.

I'm definitely still guilty of this. But we have to understand people have lives and are doing sims everyday. My post was more satire for @Achilles but apparently it came off as rude. 😅

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, JCarson said:

I hope one day that you will get annoyed (like you used to, we all know you did) when your sims aren't there at the usual time because you were genuinely excited to see how you did.

FWIW this thread wasn’t even “why are sims late” it was “why are VHLM sims later than VHL sims, the answer to which is that it’s a different summer with a different schedule. On the whole we do try to be consistent with our times but we’re all different people so they aren’t all going to happen at the same time. I’m realizing it is actually possible that @Achilles joined while @MexicanCow123 was handling all three leagues so they actually would have been all together and it’s possible they assumed that was the norm when it isn’t.

Also us old farts never had times like that because we would go days at a time sometimes with no sims and just accepted it was an inevitability :P

Also remember not everyone is in the same timezone. Some have a drastic time difference. Sims are typically done at 7pm pst. Which is my time zone. I have a full time job, that's the time I get home from work. Sorry you've got to deal with the fact that you're in a different time zone and life isn't perfect 😪

I don’t know if you meant to be aggressive but to me that’s how it is coming off. These are real people who take time away from their lives to do something for people they don’t even know in real life. Just be mindful.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Also remember not everyone is in the same timezone. Some have a drastic time difference. Sims are typically done at 7pm pst. Which is my time zone. I have a full time job, that's the time I get home from work. Sorry you've got to deal with the fact that you're in a different time zone and life isn't perfect 😪

Tbf Pacific time is dumb. Atlantic time is best time.