The Legend of Shindigs and My Experiences as a JST GM/VHLM AGM

TopTiddee2

I'm sure you all are wondering, "Reid, where's your power rankings for this week? Or the week prior? Are you done with them for good?" The short answer to that is no. I have been pretty swamped the past couple of weeks with college, not to mention my parents and sister coming up to visit for Parent's Weekend two weekends ago. Tests and homework have been a killer for me, but I'm really trying to focus on keeping my grades up to a certain level (I'm trying to make the Dean's List). Adding on, I'm trying to bring back the Men's Club Hockey team here at my school AND playing lacrosse at the same time, so I'm unfortunately extremely busy and not very active as of late. So expect a Power Rankings to come within a week or so. Without further a do, here's my topic!

Coming into the VHL at the end of May, I had absolutely no idea how to write Media Spots or how to even claim things for TPE. I was nervous because I didn't know anyone and was scared I wasn't going to be very active. Joining the JST was pretty strange, I felt out of place and wasn't sure how I was going to perform under pressure. @badcolethetitanhad selected me for the Royals in the JST and was very helpful in beginning my career, especially when I needed help figuring out my build. Performing well in the JST, I was selected by the Las Vegas Aces, more importantly, @Shindigs. Starting out, Shindigs was concerned that I would be a Welfare Earner, and that I wouldn't progress quickly for the team to win another championship. Shindigs reinforced what I should be focusing on to become a two-way defenseman, and established different builds as well if I chose to go down a different path as a defenseman. Keeping a strong relationship with the GM was key to our success, and I grew to only play one season in the VHLM before being drafted to the VHL by Malmo. Had I not had the drive from Shindigs, I would still be under 100 TPE and in the VHLM, scrapping with the other Aces or another team for playing time. I owe my gratitude to Shindigs for helping me progress.

After speaking with Shindigs and a little motivation, I became a GM of my former JST team, the Royals. Selecting an outstanding team with my AGM, @Arce, we made it far into the playoffs. After the JST finished, I felt like I could make an immediate impact in a front office role for a VHLM team. Luckily, the AGM spot for the Aces opened up, and I jumped at that opportunity to join Shindigs after a successful season. I unfortunately learned from Shindigs that this will be more than likely his final season as GM for the Aces. I hope to take his place and lead on his legacy once he is gone. 

GMs like Shindigs are people who keep this forum the way it is. Without the motivation from others, I wouldn't be where I am in the forum today. While I wish Shindigs would stay for another season at the helm of the Aces, I understand that he is very busy, like I am, with other life occurrences. I hope we can all benefit from his kindness and leadership while he is still in the forum.

Everywhere_I_Go_I_See_His_Face_03102022172042.JPG

Credits to @VattghernCZ- this was too funny not to post

Edited by TopTiddee2

Been a joy working with you, and I'm not leaving the forums anytime soon. Just have to leave the GM gig as that's a massive time sink for me, due to how hands on I am in my approach.