"The different locker room characters" – analysis on the work done by Bedirhan

jRuutu

On Sunday, Bedirhan published a article on the different VHLM locker room characters or roles. I am here today to critically judge the study and to see whether I agree with the findings.  I will start with the points I consider to hold the most truth in them, some could even be considered facts. All the quotes are taken from this article. Under each quote is my analysis.

“The music guy
Okay this guy just loves to sing he allways want to be in vc and just play music with the gang fun guy

This is very accurate. Most people enjoy listening to music, and quite often it is nice to share the experience with other people as you might hear new songs! Listening to music together is also a great way to learn a bit more about each other. Fact.

“The problem guy

This guy the gm hates him like hates him he is allways like how do I do this and that and other thingd”

It is understandable at first if users have trouble figuring out how to do things with updating and points, but as Bedirhan correctly points out, it indeed can get tiring to answer the same questions all the time. Fact.

“The wanne be the best guy

This guy loves to brag like im number 1 in shots I'm such a attacker oe yeah I'm the best”

This is also accurate. We have all seen those players who come into VHLM with almost too much confidence. Some like to brag, but some also like to do too much with jobs and everything else, which can lead to burning out. Sometimes the “best guy” – act can be too much. Fact

“The anime guy

He is just talking like you need to see this anime like naruto is doing the rassingan en liking sasuke ass”

We all have our interests in entertainment. Some like anime, and they like to talk about their favorite shows and moments. I believe Bedirhan is suggesting that sometimes that passion can be too much to be around as some users actively promote their favorite shows and moments to you. Fact. 

“The LGBTQ+ person
Okay like I but this because this person is over doing it like he is or she or them are like this omg like I'm trans and I'm not doing it or I'm Gay and I don't care your straight (don't hate me for saying this but nobody cares who you are or what your thing is it's only like this you can say your Sexuality but like if it's in a conversation like if you wanna find your guy or girl or something els but okay like nobody cares they love to know but really keep it to your self)“

Bedirhan states that nobody cares who you are and what your thing is. That is correct. The VHL logo in Discord has been rainbow-themed for who knows how long. Does that not show the rainbow as a symbol means very little nowadays? It’s just there, week after week, month after month. No announcements saying that from now on the logo will be rainbow-themed because of this and that. No, it’s just there. The point in the end about keeping it to yourself is also accurate. Nobody wants to hear that. Nobody needs to hear that. Is it not enough that you know who you are? Nobody cares what you do and what your thing is.
Fact.

“The racist
I don't need to explain “

As Bedirhan accurately states, the role of a "racist" is quite widely recognized, what a "racist" does is obvious. Most see it as a bad role. Fact.

“The to much info
He or she is like this when I was buying bread I was walking and breathing and talking about every info. “

This is another accurate statement, and, in my eyes, it is close to some other roles, such as “anime guy” and “music guy”, sometimes everything can be too much if you are not interested in whatever the other person is saying. Fact.

“The first
He is everytime to early for the Sims and for weekly tpe

Some users take great pride in being first. “The first” can be a fun game to play with other users, and in the eyes of your general manager, it’s never a bad idea to claim the TPE early in the week as you get to improve your player for the upcoming games right away. Fact.

“The nhl guy
Talking about hockey

I have also seen other leagues being talked about, but NHL is still the league that gets the most attention around VHL. Fact.

“The lil bro

He is with his brother in the vhl and if he can't do it or mad he wil ping his brother”

It is fun when friends and family members join VHL. It has great potential for rivalries and nice stories in general. Having support from a real-life friend or relative can be a great help even in VHL. Fact.

“The big bro
He is so underrated like if his Lil bro do something stupid he gets to be blamed and allso gets banned

As we often see, not everybody is a hardcore user that earns every TPE available. Those users might not bite their tongues, especially if their loved one is involved in the VHL controversy. Even bans could happen. Fact.

“The jobber
He is saying I'm working and I can't be active media welfare is my thing

Hard to argue with this description. Some are busier than others and they must rely on welfare. Fact.

“The parent

He is trying to be a role model”

Some users are more suitable for leadership roles than others. Maybe their point tasks are high quality and/or their behavior around the locker room shows that they are users that can be trusted to show how a professional operates in VHL. Fact.

“The care taker

Same with the parent but feels more like a cousin”

This is accurate. It is easier to share certain information and concerns with some users than with others, for whatever reason. Fact.

The sports guy

Allways talking about the gym or something els”

We have all seen these people around VHL. You could even say they are the “the parent” that try to show that working out in real life is just as important as working out in a virtual hockey league. Whatever the case may be, these users like to talk about fitness and working out openly. Fact.

”The cancer

Locker room cancee”

This is the first slightly controversial finding so far. You can be a “locker room cancer” for various reasons. Even doing the right thing can lead you to be described as “locker room cancer”, but users that are seen as “locker room cancers” in the traditional sense do exist around VHL. Fact.

“The stupid person

Iq of -100
Aka just stupid”

Accurate statement. Some are “stupid”, for whatever reason. Fact.

“The kid

He is more of a young dude that wanna learn thing like how to do stuff”

Over recent years we have seen young users join VHL. This league might be the first simulation league they join, so everything is new. Fact.

“The E girl
I don't need to talk about this most stupid guys are talking to her or him depending if your lucky and just says like hi do you wanna be my Bf or gf you only need to pay for me some star bucks coffee money and

doing other stuff 

We have also seen more and more “e-girls” join VHL in the recent years. This has, of course, lead to what Bedirhan is describing above. Many are surprised to see “e-girls”, so they want to make sure everything is good with the “e-girls”. Some are just happy to help, but some do go for the extra mile for reasons that appear to have some hidden motivation behind them. Fact.

Conclusion.

A total of 19 roles or characters and their descriptions were analyzed in this article. After carefully analyzing each role or character, and their description, I conclude that the work done by Bedirhan is 100% correct. The description of each role or character is a “fact”.

The only problematic description I found was "the cancer" as not every locker room is the same. As I pointed out, you can be described as "cancer" for various reasons. Otherwise, the findings in the study done by Bedirhan are accurate and leave very little for arguments.

As I am currently around 30 words from having enough words to claim this for two weeks, I would like to openly thank my neighbors for testing my patience as I analyzed the work of Bedirhan. Without you jumping or moving your furniture around, I more than likely would not feel as good about finally finishing my analysis. Thank you.

1044 words without the quotes.

3.10 - 9.10

10.10 - 16.10

Edited by jRuutu

33 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

On Sunday, Bedirhan published a article on the different VHLM locker room characters or roles. I am here today to critically judge the study and to see whether I agree with the findings.  I will start with the points I consider to hold the most truth in them, some could even be considered facts. All the quotes are taken from this article. Under each quote is my analysis.

“The music guy
Okay this guy just loves to sing he allways want to be in vc and just play music with the gang fun guy

This is very accurate. Most people enjoy listening to music, and quite often it is nice to share the experience with other people as you might hear new songs! Listening to music together is also a great way to learn a bit more about each other. Fact.

“The problem guy

This guy the gm hates him like hates him he is allways like how do I do this and that and other thingd”

It is understandable at first if users have trouble figuring out how to do things with updating and points, but as Bedirhan correctly points out, it indeed can get tiring to answer the same questions all the time. Fact.

“The wanne be the best guy

This guy loves to brag like im number 1 in shots I'm such a attacker oe yeah I'm the best”

This is also accurate. We have all seen those players who come into VHLM with almost too much confidence. Some like to brag, but some also like to do too much with jobs and everything else, which can lead to burning out. Sometimes the “best guy” – act can be too much. Fact

“The anime guy

He is just talking like you need to see this anime like naruto is doing the rassingan en liking sasuke ass”

We all have our interests in entertainment. Some like anime, and they like to talk about their favorite shows and moments. I believe Bedirhan is suggesting that sometimes that passion can be too much to be around as some users actively promote their favorite shows and moments to you. Fact. 

“The LGBTQ+ person
Okay like I but this because this person is over doing it like he is or she or them are like this omg like I'm trans and I'm not doing it or I'm Gay and I don't care your straight (don't hate me for saying this but nobody cares who you are or what your thing is it's only like this you can say your Sexuality but like if it's in a conversation like if you wanna find your guy or girl or something els but okay like nobody cares they love to know but really keep it to your self)“

Bedirhan states that nobody cares who you are and what your thing is. That is correct. The VHL logo in Discord has been rainbow-themed for who knows how long. Does that not show the rainbow as a symbol means very little nowadays? It’s just there, week after week, month after month. No announcements saying that from now on the logo will be rainbow-themed because of this and that. No, it’s just there. The point in the end about keeping it to yourself is also accurate. Nobody wants to hear that. Nobody needs to hear that. Is it not enough that you know who you are? Nobody cares what you do and what your thing is.
Fact.

“The racist
I don't need to explain “

As Bedirhan accurately states, the role of a "racist" is quite widely recognized, what a "racist" does is obvious. Most see it as a bad role. Fact.

“The to much info
He or she is like this when I was buying bread I was walking and breathing and talking about every info. “

This is another accurate statement, and, in my eyes, it is close to some other roles, such as “anime guy” and “music guy”, sometimes everything can be too much if you are not interested in whatever the other person is saying. Fact.

“The first
He is everytime to early for the Sims and for weekly tpe

Some users take great pride in being first. “The first” can be a fun game to play with other users, and in the eyes of your general manager, it’s never a bad idea to claim the TPE early in the week as you get to improve your player for the upcoming games right away. Fact.

“The nhl guy
Talking about hockey

I have also seen other leagues being talked about, but NHL is still the league that gets the most attention around VHL. Fact.

“The lil bro

He is with his brother in the vhl and if he can't do it or mad he wil ping his brother”

It is fun when friends and family members join VHL. It has great potential for rivalries and nice stories in general. Having support from a real-life friend or relative can be a great help even in VHL. Fact.

“The big bro
He is so underrated like if his Lil bro do something stupid he gets to be blamed and allso gets banned

As we often see, not everybody is a hardcore user that earns every TPE available. Those users might not bite their tongues, especially if their loved one is involved in the VHL controversy. Even bans could happen. Fact.

“The jobber
He is saying I'm working and I can't be active media welfare is my thing

Hard to argue with this description. Some are busier than others and they must rely on welfare. Fact.

“The parent

He is trying to be a role model”

Some users are more suitable for leadership roles than others. Maybe their point tasks are high quality and/or their behavior around the locker room shows that they are users that can be trusted to show how a professional operates in VHL. Fact.

“The care taker

Same with the parent but feels more like a cousin”

This is accurate. It is easier to share certain information and concerns with some users than with others, for whatever reason. Fact.

The sports guy

Allways talking about the gym or something els”

We have all seen these people around VHL. You could even say they are the “the parent” that try to show that working out in real life is just as important as working out in a virtual hockey league. Whatever the case may be, these users like to talk about fitness and working out openly. Fact.

”The cancer

Locker room cancee”

This is the first slightly controversial finding so far. You can be a “locker room cancer” for various reasons. Even doing the right thing can lead you to be described as “locker room cancer”, but users that are seen as “locker room cancers” in the traditional sense do exist around VHL. Fact.

“The stupid person

Iq of -100
Aka just stupid”

Accurate statement. Some are “stupid”, for whatever reason. Fact.

“The kid

He is more of a young dude that wanna learn thing like how to do stuff”

Over recent years we have seen young users join VHL. This league might be the first simulation league they join, so everything is new. Fact.

“The E girl
I don't need to talk about this most stupid guys are talking to her or him depending if your lucky and just says like hi do you wanna be my Bf or gf you only need to pay for me some star bucks coffee money and

doing other stuff 

We have also seen more and more “e-girls” join VHL in the recent years. This has, of course, lead to what Bedirhan is describing above. Many are surprised to see “e-girls”, so they want to make sure everything is good with the “e-girls”. Some are just happy to help, but some do go for the extra mile for reasons that appear to have some hidden motivation behind them. Fact.

Conclusion.

A total of 19 roles or characters and their descriptions were analyzed in this article. After carefully analyzing each role or character, and their description, I conclude that the work done by Bedirhan is 100% correct. The description of each role or character is a “fact”.

The only problematic description I found was "the cancer" as not every locker room is the same. As I pointed out, you can be described as "cancer" for various reasons. Otherwise, the findings in the study done by Bedirhan are accurate and leave very little for arguments.

As I am currently around 30 words from having enough words to claim this for two weeks, I would like to openly thank my neighbors for testing my patience as I analyzed the work of Bedirhan. Without you jumping or moving your furniture around, I more than likely would not feel as good about finally finishing my analysis. Thank you.

1044 words without the quotes.

3.10 - 9.10

10.10 - 16.10

Thank you a mod just quoted my post and said like what is it with freedom but he or she or them see your post talking about it I can say I'm off the hooks and like e girl was to make the post what longer 

• Head Moderator
46 minutes ago, Bedirhan said:

Thank you a mod just quoted my post and said like what is it with freedom but he or she or them see your post talking about it I can say I'm off the hooks and like e girl was to make the post what longer 

What makes you think he's off the hook?

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, jRuutu said:

“The LGBTQ+ person

Fact.

In what way is this fact and not encouraging of harmful behavior?

Thread is being locked pending investigation.

Edited by Baozi

• Baozi locked this topic