Don’t sleep on the ‘M’s most underrated talent

Bobo

Don’t sleep on the ‘M’s most underrated talent

Thomas Matthews of the Houston Bulls has been making big moves to become a heavy-hitter in the VHLM, and nobody is noticing…yet

HOUSTON, TX (10/04/2022) – It seems as if every draft in the history of drafts amongst any sport has what many refer to as a “dark horse.” What is a dark horse exactly? Well–the dark horse is an underrated and overlooked talent of a group of things. This emerging talent out of the Houston Bulls system in the Victory Hockey League Minors (VHLM) might be the dark horse of the upcoming S86 draft this offseason. 

Meet Thomas Matthews, a right-wing out of the Bulls. He’s recently moved up from the third line to the first, playing 25 games and scoring six goals and 20 points in 25 games. He joined the squad via. waiver signing in the middle of the S85 season and has been putting up a show in front of packed Houston arenas every night ever since.

“Thomas Matthews has stepped up to what the GM needed after he traded The Mediocre One, his Star Center. Although Matthews is an RW, he has been the #1 C for the bulls since he left and has recorded 2 goals and 5 assists in his past 2 games,” Matthews says to our crew in the locker room last night postgame when asked about his season and goals, “I want to be a captain one day, but right now, my focus is on development. I have no plans on anything but my skill development.” 

With his great stats and work ethic (maxing out most weeks), Thomas is planning to become an elite player in the league one day. Best of luck to his player!

Spoiler

tags: @Achilles, word count : 261 words