Random Memories of Some of the Oldest Members Thread

Phil

Hey all,

Inspired by the whole trivia debacle, I started walking down memory lane, ignoring the red lights and traffic.

I joined the league back in S16. It was really a long time ago. So much in my life has happened since then. There are random memories I have of many members - most long gone. I'd love a dedicated thread where we came share some together. 

I'll start (and probably continue) below.

Brooks

Brooks.. Kevin Brooks... brooksie. He is one of the true four "founders" of the league. When I entered he was still active and a commissioner.

The random memory I have was his member description. Underneath his username and dp, he had a quote "I'm not sad anymore, I'm just tired of this place". I DM'ed him after weeks of looking at it and asked him what it was all about. He told me it was from the Pop Punk Band "The Wonder Years"'s lastest album, a track called My Last Semester.

That album became the theme of my summer. I loved it from start to finish and listened to it every day on the bus to work. To this day, I can't hear the song without thinking back to the VHL and Brooks.

Edited by Phil

Ah, I still have Brooks on my Xbox friends list. Haven’t talked to him in years though. When I GMed the VHL Vasteras I remember how he begged me not to draft his second player, only to be drafted by me anyway.😂

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, Arce said:

Ah, I still have Brooks on my Xbox friends list. Haven’t talked to him in years though. When I GMed the VHL Vasteras I remember how he begged me not to draft his second player, only to be drafted by me anyway.😂

He Randomly swings by the league discord occasionally.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:21 PM, Arce said:

That explains why he ultimately went inactive 😛

On 10/14/2022 at 3:58 PM, Phil said:

Kevin Brooks

ironically enough there is someone on my irl beer league hockey team with that exact name. Mid 30s could be him?

15 hours ago, nurx said:

ironically enough there is someone on my irl beer league hockey team with that exact name. Mid 30s could be him?

Does he enjoy marijuana? OUR Brooks ought to be early 30s and hails from Maine.

54 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Does he enjoy marijuana? OUR Brooks ought to be early 30s and hails from Maine.

I don't really know he is a transplant to the area maybe I have some investigating to do tonight.

On 10/14/2022 at 3:53 PM, Phil said:

Hey all,

Inspired by the whole trivia debacle, I started walking down memory lane, ignoring the red lights and traffic.

I joined the league back in S16. It was really a long time ago. So much in my life has happened since then. There are random memories I have of many members - most long gone. I'd love a dedicated thread where we came share some together. 

I'll start (and probably continue) below.

Great idea - good times indeed :cheers: