Repeat Offender - October edition

jRuutu

There's a saying that goes something along the lines of, "It's not in bad taste so long as it tastes good," and this article/post is quite delicious.  There is a sentence in JR's Repeat Offender edition that stands out to me, and that is that the Mod team, "lets their personal feelings affect how they do the job," and that is something I would whole heartedly agree.  T-Minus five seconds until they disagree with me. 

Being a Mod is a hard job, but this team in particular enforces too harsh of penalties for things that should not be penalized with suspensions or bans.  I also think some of have been doing it too long like @Baozi who I have seen hand out swift mutes for things that just annoy him.  It's not a big surprise why Gen chat has fallen off (I for one never go there because the last time I did I got suspended) or why we see lower retention numbers than ever before (and I hate to tell you, it's not all on the pandemic).  

Y'all are way too sensitive and this recent suspension of JR is a prime example.  I know how controversial of a person JR can be, but that was a joke of a suspension and especially for the length of time that it was. 

The emphasis should be on teaching and coaching.  Only extreme situations should be dealt with as harshly as JR was.  

3 minutes ago, Tate said:

There's a saying that goes something along the lines of, "It's not in bad taste so long as it tastes good," and this article/post is quite delicious.  There is a sentence in JR's Repeat Offender edition that stands out to me, and that is that the Mod team, "lets their personal feelings affect how they do the job," and that is something I would whole heartedly agree.  T-Minus five seconds until they disagree with me. 

Being a Mod is a hard job, but this team in particular enforces too harsh of penalties for things that should not be penalized with suspensions or bans.  I also think some of have been doing it too long like @Baozi who I have seen hand out swift mutes for things that just annoy him.  It's not a big surprise why Gen chat has fallen off (I for one never go there because the last time I did I got suspended) or why we see lower retention numbers than ever before (and I hate to tell you, it's not all on the pandemic).  

Y'all are way too sensitive and this recent suspension of JR is a prime example.  I know how controversial of a person JR can be, but that was a joke of a suspension and especially for the length of time that it was. 

The emphasis should be on teaching and coaching.  Only extreme situations should be dealt with as harshly as JR was.  

to blame the "pandemic" on recruitment levels is a huge joke. That would be the time when they would get more recruits. They actually blamed it on that? lol

"Y'all are way too sensitive and this recent suspension of JR is a prime example. "

the younger generation is much softer. most people here aren't even 23 yet. stick to people more mature with humor.

1 minute ago, Achilles said:

to blame the "pandemic" on recruitment levels is a huge joke. That would be the time when they would get more recruits. They actually blamed it on that? lol

No, they didn't blame it on the pandemic - it's just that there's been a big drop off since the return to work/school aspect of the pandemic ending.  

6 minutes ago, Tate said:

No, they didn't blame it on the pandemic - it's just that there's been a big drop off since the return to work/school aspect of the pandemic ending.  

thanks for clarification.

• Head Moderator
53 minutes ago, Tate said:

@Baozi who I have seen hand out swift mutes for things that just annoy him

People being bad for the community annoy me generally yes.

54 minutes ago, Tate said:

We are too sensitive or maybe you're stuck in the old world where you think it was acceptable. The world has changed and that is also how we have adapted to it. You were told from multiple people and multiple servers that your attitude was unacceptable, who is the out of touch person here?

2 minutes ago, Baozi said:

People being bad for the community annoy me generally yes.

Point proven. 

2 minutes ago, Baozi said:

You were told from multiple people and multiple servers that your attitude was unacceptable, who is the out of touch person here?

Are you talking about me or JR?  Because I only had one issue in one server so get your facts straight Mr. Hotshot.

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, Tate said:

Are you talking about me or JR?  Because I only had one issue in one server so get your facts straight Mr. Hotshot.

Was referring to both EFL and here.

1 minute ago, Tate said:

Point proven. 

If the qualification for annoying me is being a bad person for the community then I whole heartedly accept this condition

Just now, Baozi said:

Was referring to both EFL and here.

I was never warned in the EFL nor did I have any issues there. 

Just now, Baozi said:

If the qualification for annoying me is being a bad person for the community then I whole heartedly accept this condition

The irony is that your recent suspension is THE example for why you should not be a mod. 

• Head Moderator
3 minutes ago, Tate said:

The irony is that your recent suspension is THE example for why you should not be a mod. 

Depends on what you believe I was hired for. 

5 minutes ago, Tate said:

Remember, leadership stems from the top. 

The feedback from individuals and overall objective of building an inclusive community begs to differ.

28 minutes ago, Baozi said:

Depends on what you believe I was hired for. 

The feedback from individuals and overall objective of building an inclusive community begs to differ.

mods are a click. I have said it before. 

"We are too sensitive or maybe you're stuck in the old world" - baozi

THIS!!!!! just proves it right there. It's a political click. Ignore the mods tate. 

3 hours ago, jRuutu said:

Repeat Offender - October edition - link to a flipbook

1.jpg

Edited by Achilles

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, Tate said:

Hypocrisy GIF

I apologize if you think unwanted flirting isn't grounds for a sexual harassment complaint and subsequent discipline. I'll have to take that up with HR next time.

11 minutes ago, Achilles said:

mods are a click

Think the word you're looking for is clique. Sorry if you believe that being against misogyny and being concerned about the safety for women on the website is against your beliefs, perhaps this isn't the community you want to be in.

1 minute ago, Baozi said:

I apologize if you think unwanted flirting isn't grounds for a sexual harassment complaint and subsequent discipline. I'll have to take that up with HR next time.

Think the word you're looking for is clique. Sorry if you believe that being against misogyny and being concerned about the safety for women on the website is against your beliefs, perhaps this isn't the community you want to be in.

You're a terrible representation of leadership here, and that's just my opinion.  Just like you're allowed to have yours.  ;)

1 minute ago, Baozi said:

Why do people always say that? I would NEVER put hate on anyone. women. men. gay. trans. idc. Nice try on the spin though. expected by a political "click" member

9 minutes ago, Baozi said:

I wrote "you don't love me" and now it's sexual harassment LOL. I can show the whole convo but I am sure it doesn't matter.

who is the main people I can send screen shots too to clear my name? you said I sexual harassed someone. You are a liar. The file size is too big to put in here.

6 minutes ago, Achilles said:

who is the main people I can send screen shots too to clear my name? you said I sexual harassed someone. You are a liar. The file size is too big to put in here.

Don't worry @Achilles about the opinion of a person who said that another human being should have been aborted. 

But what I find hard to accept is that somehow that same person is the head mod???  The person who is just as/if not more aggressive in Discord than I have ever been in my entire time here. 

That's why it's ironic @Baozi and that's why you shouldn't be in the role that you are.  The reality is that everyone makes mistakes, it's how we respond from them.  All you've done today is proven in your responses that you are ill equipped for this role.  You turn your nose up towards us, like you're somehow a better person than me or Achilles, when in reality you're just like us.

That's where your team gets in wrong.  Punishment is never the answer.  Communication, understanding, learning.  Now, that's a beautiful thing.  Something you oughta take note of.

Edited by Tate

2 minutes ago, Tate said:

Don't worry @Achilles about the opinion of a person who said that another human being should have been aborted. 

But what I find hard to accept is that somehow that same person is the head mod???  The person who is just as/if not more aggressive in Discord than I have ever been in my entire time here. 

That's why it's ironic @Baozi and that's why you shouldn't be in the role that you are.  The reality is that everyone makes mistakes, it's how we respond from them.  All you've done today is proven in your responses that you are ill equipped for this role.  You turn your nose up towards us, like you're somehow a better person than me or Achilles, when in reality you're just like us.

That's where your team gets in wrong.  Punishment is never the answer.  Communication, understanding, learning.  Now, that's a beautiful thing.  Something you oughta take note of.

I mean I am very mad he said this      "I apologize if you think unwanted flirting isn't grounds for a sexual harassment complaint and subsequent discipline. I'll have to take that up with HR next time."

why wasn't it brought up to the HR right away so I can clear my name WITH PROOF? so he can hold it against me on forums? unprofessional to say the least. please the big bosses in here message me. I would like to show yo proof and clear my name.