Repeat Offender - October edition

jRuutu

don't always agree on jRuutu's content, but this was a good read lol

I find myself agreeing with a lot of his points. Honestly, I've found this community to being extremely polarizing and toxic (from both a user and moderator standpoint) and it's a big part of why I don't pay much interest to it anymore. There's lot of cool people that I'm glad Ive come across over the past few years, so I have no regrets. But it feels less and less like a community of hockey lovers and more and more like a social justice parade and needless drama. In my personal opinion, I don't need to agree with every personal viewpoint that other people have. It's okay to disagree on things. You can still maintain good relations with people online if you don't see eye to eye on every little thing.  

3 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

I find myself agreeing with a lot of his points. Honestly, I've found this community to being extremely polarizing and toxic (from both a user and moderator standpoint) and it's a big part of why I don't pay much interest to it anymore. 

A damning indictment from a recent first overall pick, and a loss from a person who is a quality member that delivers quality content.

Edited by Tate

Yo 

Yo listen

This threads getting nasty, getting real mean.

The only thing homophobic in the vhl was the mod team back in 2019.

We got a new joker in town we call that kid achilles.

He lights it up in here like a hot bowl of chili.

Even if the entire community is against the mod team it doesn't matter.

They make up a new rule and then your ideas go splatter.

3 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Yo 

Yo listen

scissor me daddy hogan

1 hour ago, Hogan said:

Yo 

Yo listen

Hogan is a lil z alt confirmed. please ban him immediately.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

don't always agree on jRuutu's content, but this was a good read lol

I find myself agreeing with a lot of his points. Honestly, I've found this community to being extremely polarizing and toxic (from both a user and moderator standpoint) and it's a big part of why I don't pay much interest to it anymore. There's lot of cool people that I'm glad Ive come across over the past few years, so I have no regrets. But it feels less and less like a community of hockey lovers and more and more like a social justice parade and needless drama. In my personal opinion, I don't need to agree with every personal viewpoint that other people have. It's okay to disagree on things. You can still maintain good relations with people online if you don't see eye to eye on every little thing.  

Honestly people need to learn that not everything is personal and how to have a discussion without making it so. Also that causing drama right after a punishment is likely just going to result in more drama and more punishment, it’s an endless circle.

To my first point though. Take @Gustav and I. We differ in opinions on a wide variety of subjects, pretty vastly most of the time. So why would I hire him to be green? Because I think he’s be good at the job. The fact is we can differ on a lot of things without me thinking and treating him like a horrible person because he understands how to have a discussion and not then if I do a giant heated argument for no reason.

A lot of the time I feel like it’s less about mod overreach / abuse or being SJW’s or whatever and far more about just remembering that every username on here has a person attached to it and you should treat those usernames no different than you would an actual person on the street. You can have a conversation without it needing to blow up into an argument.

I just want to say as well as a final point that no one takes a staff position here because they hate the league and want to see it or it’s members burn. It’s a tough, thankless job with way more pressure and stress than it should have. So if your argument starts with (and FTI I know I’m quoting you but I don’t mean yours or even @Tate’s this is just a general thing) the idea that staff has it out for you then 99% of the time you are incorrect. We just want to keep the peace.

This has been overtired 4am Bek; I hope it made sense :cheers:

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Honestly people need to learn that not everything is personal and how to have a discussion without making it so. Also that causing drama right after a punishment is likely just going to result in more drama and more punishment, it’s an endless circle.

To my first point though. Take @Gustav and I. We differ in opinions on a wide variety of subjects, pretty vastly most of the time. So why would I hire him to be green? Because I think he’s be good at the job. The fact is we can differ on a lot of things without me thinking and treating him like a horrible person because he understands how to have a discussion and not then if I do a giant heated argument for no reason.

A lot of the time I feel like it’s less about mod overreach / abuse or being SJW’s or whatever and far more about just remembering that every username on here has a person attached to it and you should treat those usernames no different than you would an actual person on the street. You can have a conversation without it needing to blow up into an argument.

I just want to say as well as a final point that no one takes a staff position here because they hate the league and want to see it or it’s members burn. It’s a tough, thankless job with way more pressure and stress than it should have. So if your argument starts with (and FTI I know I’m quoting you but I don’t mean yours or even @Tate’s this is just a general thing) the idea that staff has it out for you then 99% of the time you are incorrect. We just want to keep the peace.

This has been overtired 4am Bek; I hope it made sense :cheers:

source?

55 minutes ago, BOOM said:

The most difficult thing I've done in the VHL is to stop posting boobs. If I can do that, other users can stop being asshats to each other. FFS, please. 

meh we'd rather see you posting boobs again

16 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Guys, we helped the fish.

sa289Lv.png

Next time focus on what is more important ok?

wondering about your first move as mod 🤔

• Admin
21 hours ago, Baozi said:

Depends on what you believe I was hired for. 

Were you actually hired though or did you just create the VHL Discord, sit in it for 2 years talking to yourself, and then grab all the power when it became popular?