mods and bads

Dreamdeath

I never post anything. I kept to myself. but after the past week on mod bans has proven to me this is a clique. If your feelings get hurt, you get a ban. Mods here are out of control. Even the people in charge here are ruining the site.  No wonder why you can't get new people to join and stay active. I'm sorry I'm no longer interested in this site.

I never post anything. I kept to myself. but after the past week on mod bans has proven to me this is a clique. If your feelings get hurt, you get a ban. Mods here are out of control. Even the people in charge here are ruining the site.  No wonder why you can't get new people to join and stay active. I'm sorry I'm no longer interested in this site.

1 hour ago, Dreamdeath said:

this is what im taking about real mature people

But you not posting ever or holding conversation with the members before just knowing they are all terrible people is mature, right?

Edited by UnknownMinion

I never post anything. I kept to myself. but after the past week on mod bans has proven to me this is a clique. If your feelings get hurt, you get a ban. Mods here are out of control. Even the people in charge here are ruining the site. No wonder why you can't get new people to join and stay active. I'm sorry I'm no longer interested in this site.

Also for the record in case anyone from the future happens to see this and get confused:

The mod team isn't perfect. This is evident by the fact @frescoelmo is allowed to be a moderator. But in the case of 2022's @Achilles v. World, the mods were entirely justified in shutting their nonsense down. Achilles was clearly off the rails and trying to stir up drama, and no amount of their "friends/recruits" sounding more calm and reasonable after the fact should create any kind of illusion that the VHL isn't a place that cares about its new members.

37 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Also for the record in case anyone from the future happens to see this and get confused:

The mod team isn't perfect. This is evident by the fact @frescoelmo is allowed to be a moderator. But in the case of 2022's @Achilles v. World, the mods were entirely justified in shutting their nonsense down. Achilles was clearly off the rails and trying to stir up drama, and no amount of their "friends/recruits" sounding more calm and reasonable after the fact should create any kind of illusion that the VHL isn't a place that cares about its new members.

I think it is achilles vs mod team and a select few members he decided are evil

53 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

You love when I moderate u 🥰

@JardyB10any kind of illusion that the VHL isn't a place that cares about its new members."

If we being 100% real, they really don't LOL.

It's like McDonald's employees greeting there clients. It's there job to ''care'' about the clients, but we all know they don't lmao.

These people care for a short moment just so they could possibly stay, but afterwards they won't talk to them ever again. (Except if they are on the same team)

The same people who greeted me has never texted me since.

Some people aren't ready for that talk tho.

It's business at the end of the day

@JardyB10any kind of illusion that the VHL isn't a place that cares about its new members."

It's like McDonald's employees greeting there clients. It's there job to ''care'' about the clients, but we all know they don't lmao.

These people care for a short moment just so they could possibly stay, but afterwards they won't talk to them ever again. (Except if they are on the same team)

13 minutes ago, ThePerfectNut said:

Why does this league have an issue with realizing that being friendly =/= being friends? People can be welcoming and available to assist, but no one in this league is going to reach out personally to every other member in the league. I say hello to people who join the Discord, but I would really hope that every one of those people isn't expecting me to constantly reach out to start conversations with them for the duration of their time in the VHL. 

3 hours ago, Dreamdeath said:

this is what im taking about real mature people

i mean... If you are upset over the bans... ie the banning of your friend, then i think its totally fair to point out that you are possibly biased. If this is over Achilles... he broke rules, caught a ban. If its not about him, then the others broke rules, and caught a ban... not a single ban ive seen since ive been here was undeserved. i think there has been 5 total max. in a community of hundreds on the internet, its pretty lax... and these are rarely permanent bans... most communities just blast into the void forever in hopes of never seeing you again, at least here you get a chance to come back and correct the bannable behavior.... overall L comment on the situation

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, ThePerfectNut said:

Just to be clear, if you mean me then you should know that the welcome PM and topic are both auto-generated as a way of giving people information and a spot to introduce themselves. I couldn’t possibly have time to welcome every single member that joins.

personally as a new member. i expected to have fun playing the game (not making friends) but you have to consider.... people here have lives outside the VHL, so when they spend VHL time what will they do with it? they can interact with their current teams and make their present locker room a better mini community... or they can clique up with their 4 friends outside their team and spend their bandwith on those same 4 people. i choose to be a person who puts himself into the current LR because i know i wont hold onto freindships. i like to think ive made good acquaintances like nurx and lemorse and shindigs and shawn and more. but i dont really expect myself to forever be their buddy. I wont always have to time for chit chat and will have to solely focus on my team or a select few. IDK maybe im rambling a bit but it seems you are putting more on people than is really fair.

Edited by Pifferfish

Would you expect there to be a contingent of coloured members whose sole purpose is to be friends with first gens?

Of course the VHL is designed to make new members feel welcome so that they can stay, that’s the whole point, and that’s certainly not a bad thing. I join the league, I’m made to feel comfortable enough to hang out and do my thing and carve out whatever it is I want to carve out in the league, and I become part of the community. All in the name of recreation and good times. It’s less of a business and more of a non-profit, it’s not like the success of the league is lining anyone’s pocket. Generally, the bigger the community, the more enjoyable it is.

Granted, if there was a general feeling of new members feeling like they can’t fit in or that the existing community is too clique-y, that would be a legitimate concern. I personally can’t take Achilles’ concerns seriously even if they were valid due to how unreasonable they’ve been presenting them. There is probably always something that can be done better to help with retention and making people feel welcome, but I think the league as a whole at least has solid bones in doing that.

It always feel like there is cliques in team sport league. You always make friends with the ones in your locker room first and take some time before knowing others.

54 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Just to be clear, if you mean me then you should know that the welcome PM and topic are both auto-generated as a way of giving people information and a spot to introduce themselves. I couldn’t possibly have time to welcome every single member that joins.

Bek don't lie you only communicate with me when fong gets banned or you need help with your thermostat :kekw: