Ori uncertain about his last season in the VHL

ROOKIE745

It's the last off-season Ori will experience as a player of the VHL, while Seattle made it to the playoffs they were eliminated in the play-in round, a far cry for a team that was in the finals last year. The Seattle Bears started the season off strong too, at points leading the VHL in points or at least as the best team in the North America Conference. However the second half of the season proved to be rather difficult for the team as they dropped in the standings, finishing one point behind the D.C Dragons and putting themselves in the play-in round. Some took Seattle to win that round thanks to the experience the team has but they weren't able to get it done. Now Jonathan Ori, a player heading into his final season as a VHL player, is uncertain where he'll be playing it. His contract with Seattle was only for two seasons and he hasn't been offered a third with the team.

"Our conversations haven't really gone anywhere, to be fair to Bana two important players on the team are retiring, and they won't be easy to replace. He's thinking a lot about the future of the team and as he's done this for about 40 seasons I know he's wants to stay competitive. These are just the hard choices you have t make a general manager. He's trying to decide if there's a role I fit in for the team for my final season or if it's better I'm somewhere else. It's not pretty either way you cut it, I don't like sitting here unsure where I'll be playing." A quote from Ori during an interview after they were beaten in the play-in round. In the meantime Ori has emptied out his locker and headed back home, which thanks to playing in Seattle isn't a fair trip to Canada British Columbia. It's the one of the thing he's really enjoyed about playing in Seattle, he's very close to home. He spent time cooking with his mother and playing games with his siblings.

More recently as round two is officially underway in the playoffs, Ori was spotted at the second game of the series between the Dragons and Pheonix, he wasn't wearing a jersey of either team. When asked during an intermission in the match why he was there he simply replied "I'm just here to enjoy some great hockey, that's all." Before heading off back to his seat. Jonathan Ori is still a very good player, he's been above a point per game for five seasons and recently for the first time in a few seasons, he saw his point totals be higher than his previous season. He had been on a bit of a down swing with his season end point totals only going down leading some to under if he had already peaked. It's likely he doesn't match his 92 point season in season 82, at least not in the VHL with only one season left, not to mention the rule changes that brought scoring down, but he still could score about 80 points which many teams would still be happy to have on their roster.

(word count 532)

Edited by ROOKIE745