Continental Cup Finals: Game 5

VHL Games

• Josh changed the title to Continental Cup Finals: Game 5
  • Commissioner
13 minutes ago, Victor said:

You failed

Also why is the index not updated.

Beats me, it should have updated as soon as the game poster was run. Let me try just running the poster again and see.

Edit: Nope, that didn’t do it. Just annoyed anyone with the notification. @Josh any guess?

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Beketov said:

Beats me, it should have updated as soon as the game poster was run. Let me try just running the poster again and see.

Edit: Nope, that didn’t do it. Just annoyed anyone with the notification. @Josh any guess?

Looks the db file just got stuck.

D.C vs Moscow

What a boring game this turned out to be! But so it goes with playoff hockey sometimes. Neither of the teams wanted to take any risks. Not a surprise that all of the goals in the game were scored on the powerplay. In the first period, Kaprizov made it 1-0 for D.C. Moscow had 13 shots in the first period, and D.C had 7. The second period was the total opposite, this time around it was D.C who heavily outshot Moscow with 16-4 shots, but no goals were scored in the second period. Late in the third Moscow finally managed to make it 1-1 when Remy scored on the powerplay. The third period was almost even with shots, so both teams are probably happy with 1-1 after three periods. Unfortunately for Moscow fans, Nezuko scored the game-winner early in the OT.  D.C won 2-1.

Game Review.

The Continental Cup is in the building and the puck drops in Game 5 between the Moscow Menace and the DC Dragons. 

The Menace, down 3-1 in the series, get off the worst possible start as Hard Markinson takes a holding minor just 13 seconds in. The Dragons make the Russian side pay with the man advantage as Darth Kaprizov nets his 11th of the playoffs to give the US side a 1-0 lead.

DC takes the upper hand, despite Moscow outshooting them in the first, as the US side outshoots their Russian opponents 16-4 in the second frame. 

As we go into the third, Moscow is on the ropes. But an unlikely hero in Flynn Remy emerges, who lights the lamp on the powerplay with less than four minutes to go.

AK92 With da Hoodie takes a penalty with less than 90 seconds to go in the third period, and while the Menace hang on until the extra frame, their luck won't last long. Just 26 seconds into the extra frame, Nezuko fires into the back of the net to give the Dragons the win, and the Continental Cup.