Orange fish are too big for the bird

jRuutu

lY5YeAx.gif?noredirect

"....certain due processes were not adequately followed..."

It's only right that I, who would like to see "relaxed" rules and moderators do very little, get punished when moderators do very little. It just goes to show that you need to be careful about what you hope and wish to see.

I want to discuss something I saw in the "No Fuhr: Mod Mentality" - topic created by "Tate". At his point, we can put our moderator hats on. What is being talked about? What do words mean? What does anything mean?

"So why is the direction we’ve gone very opposed to allowing this person from saying “homosexuality is wrong, or nobody cares?”  - Moderator

This quote is part of a longer text, when you read the whole thing you can easily believe you are reading a generalized statement until that point, but the "nobody cares" points towards me, I said those words, and I got a ban for saying them. I have to assume that is a reference to what I said. The "nobody cares" changes a lot of the text before and after. Putting the "homosexuality is wrong" and "nobody cares" next to each other makes it sound like I meant the first one with "nobody cares". Adding the "nobody cares" later in the text and not right away also makes the reader think that the person in the "textbook argument" is me, a little surprise for the reader. They are saying I thought "homosexuality is wrong" when I said: "nobody cares". Very clever, I was amused.

The gap between "nobody cares" and "homosexuality is wrong" appears to be quite large. Painting me to be that type of person sounds harsh. Especially, when you keep in mind that I have not received any bans, warnings, or even posted content that could lead to someone believing I think: "homosexuality is wrong". Sure, I said "nobody cares" when referring to the lgbtqia+ community, but to be able to draw me as a person who thinks "homosexuality is wrong" purely from "nobody cares" seems a bit of a reach. When a user paints a picture like that, you can not precisely say what it is; trolling, baiting, personal attack - a mix of them all? It sounds like something. But is it?

It is entirely possible I read too much into it, what they wrote could just be an example, "nobody cares" is just another example, but what I write above is still fair. The whole thing can also be understood and seen as I wrote it. And that is why I enjoyed it very much.

To the end, I would like to add a comment to the discussion seen in the "VHLM GMing Help" - thread. Point tasks were talked about, among other things. Some felt that point tasks do not get enough attention, and often the ones that do can be seen as "negative". It is true that more could be done to highlight quality work, but in the end, you need to create your own fun. If people see your fun or react to your fun - great. If not, at least you had fun creating your fun. You should follow all kinds of point tasks: read some, look at cool pictures, and listen to podcasts. You will lose a lot if you stick to just one thing.

This messages was brough to you by Tony's Salsa - when you thought there is no salsa left, get Tony's Salsa, then you have more salsa.

Edited by jRuutu

• jRuutu changed the title to Orange fish are too big for the bird