Reading Week Ramblings

jacobcarson877

Thank god for Uncapped TPE packages, am I right?

A lot has happened this week in Landon Wolanin’s world, so let’s talk about it.

On the player side, he is hurtling towards 1000TPA, a milestone I thought was impossible before I realized just how well I earn. The Wranglers made some big moves since the trading period opened, grabbing some important short-term depth and stockpiling some key prospects and picks in exchange for some unfortunately expensive and aging out vets. It’s hard to move forward from some franchise defining players, but we appreciate their time and honestly the willingness to get us some assets in return. Saku did us a real favour opting for a sign-and-trade over free agency, and has helped us bring in a new era of Wranglers.

The Marlins have now dropped all of the draft eligibles and their free agent, and are beginning to plot about the draft. There is a fair bit of certainty however the 1st overall pick hanging in the air is a source for concern. I’m excited to get down to business and start interviewing the prospects this week, and plot with my AGM and returning players as to who we want to target for our run next season. Perfectly timed, this week is my reading week, so I have a week off of all school responsibilities. Time to go chase that cup!