New VHLM Waiver System

Spartan

• Commissioner

I just realized I’m retiring at the deadline…. Finally a new feature I get to use! Papa missed the VHLE and associated changes by a season and was a goalie so no hybrid attributes.

As someone who has always thought this was an amazing idea, although I do have 1 quick question that I should have thought of sooner. Is there a way to disable this in the offseason/playoffs so that the JST teams can still claim waivers the old fashioned way?

1 minute ago, Alex said:

As someone who has always thought this was an amazing idea, although I do have 1 quick question that I should have thought of sooner. Is there a way to disable this in the offseason/playoffs so that the JST teams can still claim waivers the old fashioned way?

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

This system will also be deactivated from the start of the playoffs until the conclusion of the VHLM Draft. Any creates during playoffs or the offseason will need to be signed via written pitch in their new create thread, as was the common practice.

hmmm im not sure. good question alex!

I am not sure if this was discussed when creating this but most teams don`t breakdown their forwards into C & W but rather just straight forwards so this might be a bit confusing when team has six or more C on the roster. Also if possible I think adding a link to the roster on the side by pitch & join team under the option tabs. I like to check the roster before I sign and see possible fit.

Otherwise it looks really good and seems like a leap into the 21st century...... Great deal @Dil!!

3 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

I am not sure if this was discussed when creating this but most teams don`t breakdown their forwards into C & W but rather just straight forwards so this might be a bit confusing when team has six or more C on the roster.

We did have a bit of a discussion around this, and honestly it comes down to a player making the decision for themselves. We could have just labeled them all as forwards and removed the uniqueness from Centers, or split them up into C and W and at least treated the positions as unique even though sometimes the two positions can intermingle. This way, a player who is a center can look at a team with 3 centers but 2 wingers and decide that they're fine to play on the wing if they'd like. Perhaps we'll add another line in the instructions stating that forwards can play either C or W regardless of position though.

17 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Also if possible I think adding a link to the roster on the side by pitch & join team under the option tabs

I think that should be implemented (like the team name is a link) but if it's not, I'll ask Dil to do it. I don't have a live site to test that out right now unfortunately.

ABSOLUTE BANGER

This has been in the works for way too long now and I'm glad to be working with someone who was also for it so we could push it with more authority. GG to @Spartan  for being one of a handful to constructively reason with me on the topic, as well as to @Dil for the implementation work. 

I can now die happy because I'm not sure how anything else that could be pulled off with me as commish could beat this in terms of (potential) impact. There's a giant list of benefits at the bottom of this article which contains the original proposal from over a year ago (since modified by those with more common sense).

You may have seen me hinting that we had some other stuff lined up and that we were waiting for things to fall into place, more or less. Well, these are the things that have fallen into place. Prepare yourselves for further improvements that this system now allows 👁️

51 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Perhaps we'll add another line in the instructions stating that forwards can play either C or W regardless of position though.

I think it would be good if we could indicate this, it seems kinda obvious that Center is basically just a winger but with some assumed faceoff duties, but it may not be for someone new to the league and unsure how it works specifically.

(not that users read anything you tell them) 

Edited by Garsh

16 minutes ago, Gustav said:

ABSOLUTE BANGER

This has been in the works for way too long now and I'm glad to be working with someone who was also for it so we could push it with more authority. GG to @Spartan  for being one of a handful to constructively reason with me on the topic, as well as to @Dil for the implementation work. 

I can now die happy because I'm not sure how anything else that could be pulled off with me as commish could beat this in terms of (potential) impact. There's a giant list of benefits at the bottom of this article which contains the original proposal from over a year ago (since modified by those with more common sense).

You may have seen me hinting that we had some other stuff lined up and that we were waiting for things to fall into place, more or less. Well, these are the things that have fallen into place. Prepare yourselves for further improvements that this system now allows 👁️

image.gif.b075781c84938f986d4fb00fa92939ea.gif

2 hours ago, Gustav said:

ABSOLUTE BANGER

Wow, that was a walk down memory lane. While I didn`t comment on that linked post I did comment in the other linked post within the linked post about the changes that needed to be made about inactive players. My second week in the league and looking back at how uneducated I was about some of the issues. Also re-reading my comment in hindsight since I did play behind inactive players is a bit funny!! Also I guess I did okay learning for the @Gustav mega posts that I managed to stick around!! LOL!!

Sometimes you forget who actually helped you when you first came to the league!! I guess I should say Thank you @Gustav !! But you post are still too long to read it all!! LOL!!

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I believe this was addressed in the post:

This system will also be deactivated from the start of the playoffs until the conclusion of the VHLM Draft. Any creates during playoffs or the offseason will need to be signed via written pitch in their new create thread, as was the common practice.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, animal74 said:

Oh, I'm sure they'll stick around. There's still the Waiver Pitch! #HashtagsWon'tDie

@BOOM

Ah yes but the new players will no longer have to reply with one.

10 hours ago, Garsh said:

I think it would be good if we could indicate this, it seems kinda obvious that Center is basically just a winger but with some assumed faceoff duties, but it may not be for someone new to the league and unsure how it works specifically.

(not that users read anything you tell them) 

Yeah, that 100% needs to be added. Having to explain that LW/C/RW are effectively identical in the sim unless they invest into FO is probably one of the, if not the, most common thing I had to clear up for 1st gens. Both in the JST and the VHLM. Since a lot of games do impose garsh penalties for playing forwards out of position.