A Response to the VHLM Goaler Crisis

Gustav

HELLO VHLM!

abc0f39f6d20da5a0ac07fb10865ca76_w200.gi

You thought we were done this offseason? THINK AGAIN! In the spirit of consistently improving and making the VHLM what we want it to be (and thinking about what waivers on the portal will let us do), it's time for another thing.

In recent times, VHLM teams have struggled with having an active goaltender on their rosters and have often been forced to use bots. As we all know, rules regarding mandatory release of inactive players have generally been followed very well since their implementation, but that has led to some difficulty in net--nowhere else on the roster does the activity of one player have so much influence on the performance of the team as a whole, and we feel that this is somewhat unfair as teams should not be effectively punished for one player's activity dropping off.

Due to this, the following will be added to the VHLM's Rule 1.1:

• VHLM teams may have one inactive goaltender on their rosters, who must be at or under 100 TPE. Teams with no goaltenders may claim an inactive goaltender at or under 100 TPE, under a priority-claim system such as that used for inactive free agency in the VHL.
  • Teams with an already-rostered goaltender who becomes inactive over 100 TPE may keep that player for as long as that is their only goaltender, up to at most the end of the season.
  • Upon the signing of an active goaltender, the team must release the inactive goaltender. 
  • All inactive goaltenders must be released at the conclusion of the season.

Due to current restrictions with the portal, these players must be claimed and assigned manually. @Spartan  will follow up with more information where this is concerned in the VHLM GM forum, but be prepared for the moment to be in contact with us to have players assigned to you.

@VHLM GM

Just now, N0HBDY said:

So inactive goaltenders cannot be carried into the playoffs?

They can? I guess "end of the season" might be interpreted otherwise, but that wasn't the intent.

16 minutes ago, rory said:

damn vhlm going from no intervention to full intervention in 1 season! Interesting to see what happens :D

Tbh I'd say it was the opposite. Intervention mode last season in regards to draft picks, loosening a lot up this past offseason in regards to double shifting and incorporating some IA flexibility. And then whole waiver system being revamped makes life easier for everyone involved (even more once we get some of the kinks worked out with it).

Potential idea for you to look into. Goalies on Loan. If for example teams have multiple goalies but some teams do not have an active goalie the back up goalies go into a pool and they are loaned out to another team to play games. This then gives all goalies more game time.

For example Mississauga didn't have a goalie this season. Let's pretend Miami, Philadelphia and Ottawa all have back ups the lower tpe goalie is allowed to elect into the goalie pool. Then Mississauga is assigned a goalie from the pool each game randomly. This is probably next to impossible with the Sim engine but a potential idea.

1 hour ago, Berocka said:

Then Mississauga is assigned a goalie from the pool each game randomly. This is probably next to impossible with the Sim engine but a potential idea.

More along the lines of "next to impossible to convince the simmer to actually do this" unfortunately. Since roster changes are completely manual in the index/STHS, it'd be on the simmers for the most part to be handling these kinds of changes. We've already gotten a little bit of pushback with the current IA goalie change in terms of expected frequency that this would be used, so we don't want to implement something that'd be even more annoying for the simmers to deal with.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Spartan said:

We've already gotten a little bit of pushback with the current IA goalie change in terms of expected frequency that this would be used, so we don't want to implement something that'd be even more annoying for the simmers to deal with.

I wouldn’t call it “push back” as much as “slight annoyance that there’s an extra spot to check when there’s already so many roster moves in the M” but yeah, big no from the sim team on having to move players around between teams on a per game level. That would get very annoying very fast. The portal could do it easily but portal team unfortunately =/= Sim team.

21 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I wouldn’t call it “push back” as much as “slight annoyance that there’s an extra spot to check when there’s already so many roster moves in the M” but yeah, big no from the sim team on having to move players around between teams on a per game level. That would get very annoying very fast. The portal could do it easily but portal team unfortunately =/= Sim team.

LOTS OF PUSHBACK

On 11/13/2022 at 4:08 AM, JardyB10 said:

SkipTheDishes fucked me on my McDonald’s order :(

One time on a ubereats order they didn't deliver half of my order. I ordered 1 big mac + fries and drink and added 1 junior chicken to get the free shipping

They only delivered the burgers, no idea what happened to my fries and drink. and then they only gave me a $5 credit

Edited by a_Ferk
can't fucking spell

1 hour ago, a_Ferk said:

One time on a ubereats order they didn't deliver half of my order. I ordered 1 big mac + fries and drink and added 1 junior chicken to get the free shipping

They only delivered the burgers, no idea what happened to my fries and drink. and then they only gave me a $5 credit

How much is fries and a drink?

On 11/13/2022 at 5:08 AM, JardyB10 said:

SkipTheDishes fucked me on my McDonald’s order :(

To be fair, even brick and mortar be fucking up. Didn't get my hashbrowns the other day. Amazing how one little potato patty not being in your order (well, 2, since neither my wife or I got one lol) can extremely mildly inconvenience your day.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:42 PM, a_Ferk said:

no idea what happened to my fries and drink

Your driver got hungry and obviously needed to wash down the fries with something. Come on, they're only human

1 hour ago, Quik said:

To be fair, even brick and mortar be fucking up. Didn't get my hashbrowns the other day. Amazing how one little potato patty not being in your order (well, 2, since neither my wife or I got one lol) can extremely mildly inconvenience your day.

I mean it starts already when you go there and pick up your food to eat at home... if you do not double and triple check, you will be short changed... apparently working in a system gastronomy (read: fast food chain) requires more skill than I ever imagined...

On 11/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, thadthrasher said:

I love Popeyes so much. 

I've heard both very good and very bad things about Popeyes. Still need to try it...