That Banning Was a Poor Decision

sterling

It don't matter. It's the fact he says stuff like that to everyone. If you take it personal, then just don't talk with Jardy. He kinda brought it upon himself by causing all the nonsense he did.

And if we make that exception for Jardy, why can we not make exception for Gorlab?

And if we make that exception for Jardy, why can we not make exception for Gorlab?

Do you realize Jardy said it to 1 person. This "Gorlab" character has been trying to sabotage the entire sim league. Maybe if he took his problems to Jardy personally, things would have been different. He seems to be one of those kids who has to always cause a commotion and turn things upside down. I agree 100% with the Gorlab banning because honestly the clown deserved it.

Do you realize Jardy said it to 1 person. This "Gorlab" character has been trying to sabotage the entire sim league. Maybe if he took his problems to Jardy personally, things would have been different. He seems to be one of those kids who has to always cause a commotion and turn things upside down. I agree 100% with the Gorlab banning because honestly the clown deserved it.

Eh, agree to disagree I guess.

I haven't seen Gorlab do anything but bitch about how the VHL is so awful and how it needs to be more like SHL. They're different god damn leagues for a reason, and I got so tired of seeing him moan about it that I put him on ignore. I don't give a damn whether he's banned or not, he just needs to quit acting like a little shit. Sure Jardy probably shouldn't call people all the things he does but welcome to the VHL, we act like dicks to each other all the time. I've had the whole Trevor Linden phone call thing being held over me for years now! It used to bother me but now I learned to 1) not give a fuck and 2) be sarcastic as fuck because internet. Expecting to come in here and run roughshod over everyone is hilarious. Many of us have been here for a long time -- seven years for me -- so we're a pretty tight knit group. Adopting a "holier than thou" attitude is a prime way to become a total fucking outcast.

Does this warrant a mic drop? If so, then *drops mic*

If not, please disregard.

So you are telling me you would rather all this go on for everyone in the league and cause a problem over it going to PM and solving between eachother like men? Way to encourage drama on the league.

No, not at all. I think the suspension was fair for both is what I was saying. Saying that just because Jardy only said all that to one person makes it excusable or something is just silly to me.

Edit- And I'm not saying we can't all be rude, crass, whatever to each other. We're adults and if someone wants to insult us we can decide how to handle it on our own. Someone wants to insult me, by all means go ahead, I won't want you banned/suspended for it. But when you suspend someone for potentially alienating new members but have done the same thing yourself, the hypocrisy seems a bit much for me and I'm glad Jardy realized that.

Edited by Caillean122

I haven't seen Gorlab do anything but bitch about how the VHL is so awful and how it needs to be more like SHL. They're different god damn leagues for a reason, and I got so tired of seeing him moan about it that I put him on ignore. I don't give a damn whether he's banned or not, he just needs to quit acting like a little shit. Sure Jardy probably shouldn't call people all the things he does but welcome to the VHL, we act like dicks to each other all the time. I've had the whole Trevor Linden phone call thing being held over me for years now! It used to bother me but now I learned to 1) not give a fuck and 2) be sarcastic as fuck because internet. Expecting to come in here and run roughshod over everyone is hilarious. Many of us have been here for a long time -- seven years for me -- so we're a pretty tight knit group. Adopting a "holier than thou" attitude is a prime way to become a total fucking outcast.

Does this warrant a mic drop? If so, then *drops mic*

If not, please disregard.

Gotta agree with Sandro on this point. Goriab did come across like that. 

No, not at all. I think the suspension was fair for both is what I was saying. Saying that just because Jardy only said all that to one person makes it excusable or something is just silly to me.

Never said it was excusable at all. The fact Gorlab could have avoided all this was to take it to PM, would have been 100x better.

Never said it was excusable at all. The fact Gorlab could have avoided all this was to take it to PM, would have been 100x better.

Yeah I edited my point to make it clearer. It's not so much that you said it was excusable as that I've seen a couple people now say "Oh that's just how Jardy is" in regards to what he said to MF. The whole issue here is Gorlab supposedly fearmongering and alienating new members, but everything Jardy said to MF was pretty out of line for the exact same reason.

Yeah I edited my point to make it clearer. It's not so much that you said it was excusable as that I've seen a couple people now say "Oh that's just how Jardy is" in regards to what he said to MF. The whole issue here is Gorlab supposedly fearmongering and alienating new members, but everything Jardy said to MF was pretty out of line for the exact same reason.

The whole MF situation is different. I am not on that subject but still talking about Gorlab here. He isn't necessarily new anymore since he has been here around almost 2 seasons.

So you are telling me you would rather all this go on for everyone in the league and cause a problem over it going to PM and solving between eachother like men? Way to encourage drama on the league.

Take your own advice the next time you want to act like a little bitch lol.

Seriously...of all people.

Gorlab at least brings forth good ideas when he brings "drama" in.

Take your own advice the next time you want to act like a little bitch lol.

Seriously...of all people.

Gorlab at least brings forth good ideas when he brings "drama" in.

Take my own advice when I act like a "little bitch"? When was the last time you have ever done that yourself? There was nothing good about any idea he brought up in that thread. He should have taken the TPE and not acted like a "little bitch".

The whole MF situation is different. I am not on that subject but still talking about Gorlab here. He isn't necessarily new anymore since he has been here around almost 2 seasons.

It's not though. I'm not saying Gorlab is a new member. The reason for his suspension is "Potentially alienating new members" with the post he created. When the reason for banning someone is the exact same thing someone else did (Jardy possibly alienating new members/a new member by being crass), the person should get the same treatment (as Jardy showed and gave himself). He owned up to it being out of line, so I don't know why people keep saying it's different or okay.

Take my own advice when I act like a "little bitch"? When was the last time you have ever done that yourself? There was nothing good about any idea he brought up in that thread. He should have taken the TPE and not acted like a "little bitch".

Except for the fact his ideas were right and every admin and BOG member seems to agree on that one...he sparked discussion and now things are going to change.

Lets not act like you don't go off randomly at times (much like gorlab is accused of).

Edited by Advantage

• Senior Admin

Goriab picked the wrong topic anyway he should have bitched about the BOG. I would have backed him on that.

Frank likes the way I think.

Wait, did I say that right? :o

It's not though. I'm not saying Gorlab is a new member. The reason for his suspension is "Potentially alienating new members" with the post he created. When the reason for banning someone is the exact same thing someone else did (Jardy possibly alienating new members/a new member by being crass), the person should get the same treatment (as Jardy showed and gave himself). He owned up to it being out of line, so I don't know why people keep saying it's different or okay.

Like I stated, I never said Jardy wasn't in the wrong, just it could have been avoided by Gorlab.