First week VHLE power rankings

KRZY

This is a first for me but I’m gonna give it the old college try . Here’s my first go at power rankings in the VHLE through the first week and a bit of the season . Here we go

1. Cologne Express

The Express are on a heater right now , No team can figure out how to stop the Express offensively right now . And it’s the same on the defensive side as well . Teams are having an extremely hard time breaking through and scoring on them . The Express lead the league on goals for and least Goals against . One thing that really stands out to me is the Depth of their scoring the top 4 point getters this season play on the express . GM @leandrofghas put together quite the team this season . Look for them atop the league all season 

2. Rome Gladiators

While on paper Rome might not look like they have the best roster they are really gelling as a team . Everyone is doing their part collectively to win games and make them competitive every game. Rookie Wann Kerr is leading the way offensively . And Jeremy Swayman is doing his part in Net to help Rome win games this year ! Rome will be a competitive team all year look for them as a team to watch come playoff time ! Look for @Baby Boomerto add at the deadline or sooner for Rome to make the push come playoff time .

3. Bratislava Watchmen 

Yes I know they are 4th in the standings , but with their team and the depth they have at every position I believe the Watchmen completely deserve to be ranked 3rd . Personally I expected a lot more from this team then what they’ve delivered this far this season . After the draft they made a huge splash aquiring  Daryl Dixon and Rick Grimes to help lead their offensive attack . The watchmen have alot more to give . And I don’t think I’m the only one that knows that or expected them to be better then they’ve been this far this season .

4 Stockholm Vikings

The Vikings are very solid at every single position. I really struggled ranking the watchmen at 3rd over them because of their sheer depth they have . But at the end of the day I think Bratislava will be a better team. The Vikings have rookie sensation Sadie St Louis leading the way offensively this year with Larry Abass Jr . I do think they have been very promising this year and have shown a lot of flashes of brilliance. It remains to be seen if they will stay consistent and near the top of the standings this season . But as of now they are gonna be another fun team to watch this year.

5. Oslo Storm

Far from the renaissance championship team they were last season Oslo has struggled out of the gate offensively this year . With 3 returnee’s on the backend from last season Oslo has however been one of the better Defensive teams in the E this season ! Part of Oslo’s rough start this year has been lack of offence and just plan bad luck and getting snake bitten on chances . They have the talent there they just need to put it all together. If there’s any positives here it’s that they are on a 3 game winning streak and that @JB123has returned as GM of this team if there’s anyone that can figure it out and get this team back on track it’s him 

6. Vasteras Iron Eagles

@Arce has mad it clear that the eagles are rebuilding and that this will be his last year at the helm of the eagles aswell . All that being said the Eagles are playing way better then I thought they would all things considered. Look for the Eagles to be sellers at the trade deadline to acquire assets to assist with their rebuild .

7. Istanbul Red Wolves

Istanbul doesn’t have a bad team offensively or in net with 2 maxed goalies where they struggle is on the backend currently with only 2 defenders. Personally with a couple more defenders I could see this team making a push up the standings . Until then I think they will struggle defensively relying on their 2 defenders

8. Geneva Rush

With only 5 players rostered any team is gonna struggle ! One positive is that Geneva has 2 very good goalies they can build around . But as of right now I believe this team is in full rebuild mode building towards a brighter future ! 

like I said this was my first ever attempt at power rankings so please don’t be too critical I tried my best . Hope you enjoy the read !