Sleepwalking - Bring Me the Horizon

Spartan

Anyone in Moscow can probably infer the "reference" here, but for the unaware, I've basically been spamming the 🛌 emoji daily. There's a multitude of reasons behind this, so let's get into them!

1. I am currently extremely sleep deprived. 3 hours of sleep max per night this entire week. Basically turned back to energy drinks which I'd done a fairly good job at avoiding since college since I either couldn't get comfortable in my hotel room, or some fuckwad neighbor made it his personal mission to walk around in boots. While I feel like I've been functioning fine so far, I would just like to have proper sleep.

2. More generally since I've been spamming 🛌 since the off-season, I'm not in a slump as a league user, but I feel a bit of a slump as a VHL GM. I've privately flirted with the possibility of temporarily stepping down from Moscow to go be an M/G GM to just take a break, but it's not much of an option anymore as an M Commish. Plus I would think if I stepped away from Moscow for any period of time, the job would rightfully be Brandon's to keep. The slump is mainly due to 1. Finals win rate and 2. Perceived ease of getting to said finals. It's pretty stupid to say considering I haven't won anything and awfully cocky, but GM'ing in the VHL just doesn't feel challenging right now. From S80 - S85, we've fielded a roster that has yet to either not make the finals or not finish at the top of the regular season standings. In S86, we seem to be on a decent pace to at least challenge for the top seed in the EU. NA is such a shitshow that CGY is running away with the points lead. Either way, it's a 7th straight season of dodging a rebuilding season and with 2 1st round picks in the next draft and plenty of future assets, it doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon.

Overall, I do feel like I'm just sleepwalking through sim leagues across the board. Perhaps it's just a seasonal thing being winter and getting tired at like 2 PM when the sun decides to abandon us. Maybe it's because the auto-12 from random jobs every week has made me too comfortable. I'm happy the Moscow LR is fairly self-sustaining to not need my hyperactivity to stay engaged. Glad Voss and AK are co-existing as elite defensemen. Papa needs 21 more wins to tie the franchise wins record. Good night.

57 minutes ago, v.2 said:

Maybe you could GM an NA team for a bit 

I've thought about that as well tbh. Maybe switching teams, doesn't just have to be NA. Plenty of teams out there with cup droughts, but I can't see myself leaving Moscow to GM another team if I don't have a cup lol. Would make no sense to leave a team on a cup drought for another team with a cup drought. Might as well just stay in Moscow where the culture and future is how I like it.