S86 Trade Deadline & Theme Week

Beketov

• Commissioner

Hello @Members!

If you’ve been keeping your eyes on the events page you’ll know that it’s time for theme week!

Of course, that also means that the Trade Deadline is Monday, December 12th at 3pm EST. This also means that anyone wishing to re-create for the S88 draft can do so starting at midnight that same day.

---

Most of you aren’t here for that though are you? You just want that sweet sweet theme week TPE. So, for this season, we've decided on a theme of:

Spoiler

First Gens

That means of course anything related to a first gen. Maybe you want to profile one, maybe you want to offer suggestions for how to make things easier on them, maybe you are one and want to talk about your experience so far. It’s all up to you, just make sure that you’re not doing anything for someone too experienced and you’re good to go!

To earn your Theme Week TPE, write an article, create a graphic, or record a podcast with some connection to “First Gens”. 

---

In order to claim the theme week bonus of 6 Uncapped TPE, simply submit your Themed PT (Graphic, Media Spot, or 6-TPE Podcast), and claim it as normal. After claiming the PT portion, you can use the same link, and claim the uncapped portion as follows: Claim Uncapped > Other > Doubles Week. (Note: you do not need to post your link in this thread to claim either portion of TPE). 

Make sure to tag your articles with “theme week” so we can collect all the great work in one easy-to-find spot.
If you have already submitted a Point Task for this week, or are in the midst of claiming a multi-week Media Spot/Podcast, you may still submit a Theme Week PT this week, and claim the capped portion on the next available week, following your multi-week claim.

Also, if you have a single job that pays 6+, you may claim the theme week bonus as long as you complete your duties for the week. If you are in the EFL or SBA and have completed their most recent Media Week, you may use that to claim the Uncapped theme week bonus, but a PT must be completed this week in order to claim the Capped portion, whether that is completed here or through Affiliate Welfare.

Note: Only players who are S87 or older may claim the theme week bonus.

@VHL GM

@VHLE GM

@VHLM GM

12 minutes ago, badcolethetitan said:

Oh god, how many #BlameCole responses are we going to have in this thread/first gen theme weeks.

Help me.

Love the theme though! ❤️ 

Regardless how many there will be, I #blamecole for any single one of them... ;)

50 minutes ago, der meister said:

I'm gonna need to know who is a first gen tho...my first VHL experience was 55 seasons ago, if that counts? 😛

Theoretically you could talk/write about your b experience as a first gen :)))

On 12/5/2022 at 3:01 AM, Beketov said:

Of course, that also means that the Trade Deadline is Monday, December 12th at 3pm EST. This also means that anyone wishing to re-create for the S88 draft can do so starting at midnight that same day.

so just out of curiosity - is this midnight sun into mon, or midnight mon into tue

4 minutes ago, UnknownMinion said:

D_A come back to commish @Spartan sleeps too much

i will never commit to doing that amount of work again (until i retire from actual real life jobs maybe? hit me up in s270 or so and well see)

having said that i am seriously considering making a guy - entirely a clicker of course but thats better than nothing

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

so just out of curiosity - is this midnight sun into mon, or midnight mon into tue

Always Sun-Mon when our “week” rolls over.

The only kinda caveat is that it’s a manual process to flip the starting season over and it’s, well, the middle of the night. So if you’re the first Guinea pig you sometimes end up needing to be reset a bit. Chances are I’ll be up like an hour after the flip is supposed to happen though so I can do it.