Jardy's Hecking Podcast, Season 2 Episode 22: THE FINALE

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

Uncomfortable fruit scene in this episode.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Hecking-Podcast--Season-2-Episode-22-THE-FINALE-e1scelk

Featured track is Could by Elderbrook

In this big long SEASON 2 FINALE, I discuss the following:

- My 3ish weeks of inactivity and future inactivity

- The woes of Los Angeles, and all the disappointment attached to it

- Comparing Poopy Peepants to Bo Jo #Leadership

- The lame trade deadline

- VHL Christmas Auction

- Cologne is the best VHLE team

- The S88 re-creates (with a brief intermission to call out the @Moderator crew) (27:20-32:30) @Josh @fonziGG @STZ @scoop @MexicanCow123 @Beketov @diamond_ace @TheNeonShaman

*Commerical break* (Honestly I think it's hilarious, fast-forward to this point if you listen to nothing else)

- A little quick and dirty BOG LEAKZ (33:50-35:30)

- Random jump to VHFL things (35:30-37:10)

- New Depreciation Changes and Player Store (37:30-42:25)

- @Tate's departure (42:30-44:00)

- Being too inactive to listen to podcasts (44:00-46:40) @DarkSpyro

- Figuring out why @Keno was mad on Wednesday (I figure it out eventually) (46:40-53:00)

Mentions of various importance:

@Berocka @Shindigs @Moon @youloser1337 @Acydburn @Ricer13 @GrittyIsKing @Dom @Dil @UnknownMinion @leandrofg @DreMin15 @Alex @KaleebtheMighty @AJW

Thanks for the year of listens, gang!

8gIBLJ2.png

Always hard to tell what is/isn't working with builds. I've tried to keep a 4-5 gap between Skating and Passing on purpose to make Bo skate the neutral zone instead of trying to pass through it, but I do agree it's a bit weird the difference between Poopy and Bo is as big as it is just looking at this season. Previous seasons I think we've never really been *that* similar. At least different enough that having very different outcomes make some sense. Bo's first two seasons had neither SC or CK, then 3rd season was SC but no CK and 4th season was SC+CK. The DI+LD add didn't happen until this season, and with how much STHS seems to just love high TPA. It's almost hard to tell how much Bo's performance comes from what I've actually added to, and how much is from STHS going "big number good, ooga boga!"

The main reason I've added to DI is cause I don't want Bo taking 100+ PIM like last season, and since neither LD or PO depreciate it's the only things I can still add to and be able to deal with the new depreciation while also peaking Bo at 1337 TPA, because it's a funny number.

And really, I probably wouldn't recommend Bo's build to people. Thunder's build makes more sense unless you're degen earning like I am. I'm basically just brute forcing performance by earning all the things. His is significantly more "efficient".

1 hour ago, frescoelmo said:

The aneurysm you had at 31:30 was almost enough to counter the ridiculous mod slander a few minutes prior :cheers:

Excuse me, that was a flawless linguistic performance! It's normal to bleed out of the ears after such art.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...