MiniFubbles Ep. 20 - Y’all Got Any Of Them Salary Cap Violations?

MubbleFubbles

Very underwhelming road rage at the end. I am disappoint. But this is turning into a nice inception of a rule break within the penalty of another rule break.

Edited by Shindigs

Just now, Shindigs said:

Very underwhelming road rage at the end. I am disappoint.

Ha, I think I would be significantly more fuming had I not been recording and think there was also a bit of bewilderment/speechlessness in there because it was such an unorthodox manouever on the part of the other driver. 

Just now, MubbleFubbles said:

Ha, I think I would be significantly more fuming had I not been recording and think there was also a bit of bewilderment/speechlessness in there because it was such an unorthodox manouever on the part of the other driver. 

You need to channel you inner Spartan and be cross at them. Could have easily been a 15m podcast if you did.

53 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

This isn't really an official announcement or anything, but the root cause of the issue was a portal bug so there isn't going to be any league follow-up to this. Nov 2 (date of trade) was before FA opened up so Buzzer should have been auto-released from LA but wasn't. Considering the minimal ice time he played, there's really not much to go after LA for.

59 minutes ago, Spartan said:

This isn't really an official announcement or anything, but the root cause of the issue was a portal bug so there isn't going to be any league follow-up to this. Nov 2 (date of trade) was before FA opened up so Buzzer should have been auto-released from LA but wasn't. Considering the minimal ice time he played, there's really not much to go after LA for.

While I'd maybe be more inclined to ask more questions of a GM seeing a player they don't have under contract get ice time for 5 weeks and not flagging up the error themselves (as mentioned there were two clear points where this could have been done), that's fair. 

And just to clarify, based on another point I made in the podcast, this rule is not currently active correct?

2.8 – Notables

• All players playing on Rookie contracts in the VHLM do not count against the cap. Prime contracts always count against the cap.

8 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

While I'd maybe be more inclined to ask more questions of a GM seeing a player they don't have under contract get ice time for 5 weeks and not flagging up the error themselves (as mentioned there were two clear points where this could have been done), that's fair. 

To be transparent, I haven't listened to your podcast so I have no clue what you covered and what points you made. I just figured you talked about what we had spoken about privately. I don't know if the GM brought it up to anyone so I can't speak on that point. But if the blues today say that there isn't any follow-up punishment needed, then I guess we're leaving it at that since they're more in the loop than I am.

11 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

And just to clarify, based on another point I made in the podcast, this rule is not currently active correct?

2.8 – Notables

• All players playing on Rookie contracts in the VHLM do not count against the cap. Prime contracts always count against the cap.

Correct

36 minutes ago, Spartan said:

To be transparent, I haven't listened to your podcast so I have no clue what you covered and what points you made. I just figured you talked about what we had spoken about privately. I don't know if the GM brought it up to anyone so I can't speak on that point. But if the blues today say that there isn't any follow-up punishment needed, then I guess we're leaving it at that since they're more in the loop than I am.

To clarify, my comment wasn't about asking for follow-up punishment or not, I wasn't honestly expecting any. It was directed towards your point of the portal being the cause of the issue since (if I remember right), all players start on farm roster so even with the portal error, that doesn't necessarily directly lead to this because a GM has to physically move the player to the main roster for them to get ice time. I get the point that, without the portal error, this doesn't happen, but this also doesn't happen without the GM. 

Edited by MubbleFubbles

14 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

To clarify, my comment wasn't about asking for follow-up punishment or not, I wasn't honestly expecting any. It was directed towards your point of the portal being the cause of the issue since (if I remember right), all players start on farm roster so even with the portal error, that doesn't necessarily directly lead to this because a GM has to physically move the player to the main roster for them to get ice time. I get the point that, without the portal error, this doesn't happen, but this also doesn't happen without the GM. 

Yeah that was my hold up as well, and really what I felt was the main issue. But the decision was that the minimal ice time (around 300 minutes compared to the first liners' 2k+ minutes) didn't warrant further action. I'll definitely be keeping a closer eye on roster compliance moving forward since I should have caught that as well, and we'll make sure every GM knows to alert an admin for any portal issues as well.