Biography- Vincent Laroche-Gagnier

vincentlg2007

Vincent Laroche-Gagnier was borned on Valentine's day. He came to the world in Repentigny, an off-island suburb of Montreal. The city is located at the north of the metropole and between the St-Lawrence and the Assomption river. Obviously, as a Quebec player he grew up in hockey because let's not forget that Hockey is more than a sport in the french province, it's a religion. Has a kid he kept watching the same movies over and over again. It started with Cars 1 then it became Wreck-it-ralph by the end of his childhood. Between the ages of 1-4 his only personality trait was Cars. His dream job was being flash Mcqueen, his bed was flash Mcqueen, he had a Phil McMissile and a Flash McQueen disguise for 2 different halloweens, he kept buying small cars toys that he'd spend hours playing with etc. With his motor skill problems and his ADHD he couldn't simply read a book or draw he'd destroy everything. Actually during his baby years  everytime he touched something he underwent a test with it: 1) Can I eat it? If no then go to step 2) Can I throw it? Vincent has always been someone that speaks a lot and that speaks fast. His childhood fear include : The liberal party of quebec, the Bad romance video clip, the Sims grimreaper, bonhomme 7 heures and Howard the duck movie.

By the time he started pre-school he was still living in Repentigny or more specifically Le Gardeur the same place he lived from his birth all the way to when he was 9th.  He started to love Marvel and Star-Wars. When he started 1st grade it was a bit hard for him at school. He had an hard time focusing and his hand-writing was disastrous. Both of them could be explained by his motor skills problems and his ADHD. By the 2nd half of 1st grade he was officially diagnosed as ADHD and started to take his medications. That made him go from a failing student to a top student. His best subjects were Reading, History, Maths, Religious studies and drama class. Sadly motor skill problems is something that can't really be fixed and he kept being pretty trash in sports and arts. This stayed the same for pretty much all his school life. In 2nd grade it was the same as the 2nd half of 1st grade but he managed to bring home a lot of awards since he didn't have a bad start of the year unlike 1st grade. During his 3rd grade he learnt that he was going to move to New-York in July. This was going to be his first time moving and he was really excited. 3rd grade went pretty much the same way as 2nd grade : the awards, the good grades, being trash in sports and Art etc. Before we move on to New-York let's do an overview of him. He is aged 9, he only speaks French, atheist, watches hockey a lot, plays video game a lot especially Minecraft,NHL,Fifa, Disney Infinity and plays a lot with Lego's. At school you would describe him as a student that doesn't get in trouble, very mature for his age, independant, has friends but likes to work alone, not very popular, focused, not organized at all and first in the class for grades. He plays soccer in his local league since 1st grade and it's pretty much the only sport he's good at except for american football although he did not have the physical force to play a real game with hits and all.

So there we are a 9 year old suburb french kid moving into New-York an english city. A funny anecdote you could say is that the day Vincent arrived in the Big Apple he saw a jew walking on the street, as a suburb kid he never saw a jew in his life. So he went up to him and told him " Hey nice Charlie Chaplin disguise". Oh I said earlier that he was good in religious studies and he doesn't even know what a jew is? Oh yeah that's because Quebec education system is pretty trash. Vincent lived in Brooklyn more precisely in Bedford-Stuyvesant a black neighborhood. Unlike some popular beliefs, all the black gangs were very cool with me and friendly. Despite me being white in a black district I felt welcome and I actually enjoyed it. My school offered a program which featured 1 day in french and 1 day in english ( in intervalle). Well this system was pretty much never respected has science, computers, sports were always in english and on french days the teacher often got tired of anglophone student not understanding and spoke english. Laroche-Gagnier learnt english very quickly and the only thing he did not understand was the daily "Tiger Rising" pages that the teacher read orally. Vincent really fell in love with the city of New-York and that's where he found the courage to start hockey. Hockey was very small in there basically no one watched it despite the Barclays Center ( home of the Nets and Islanders back then) being visible from the classroom. The biggest sport there was soccer everyone played soccer at lunch and it was very agressive. Vincent only spent 1 year in New-York but he really enjoyed the experience and wishes to one day live there again. In the city that never sleeps Laroche-Gagnier also started to love history a lot.

After that one year in New-York his family moved back to Quebec in the Laurentides. He continued to play hockey and continued growing. With the years passing nothing really important happened in his life it's like before in school: awards, good grades, not very popular etc. He is now organized and is getting better and better in arts and sports. At 17 years old he is about to graduate High school when he received an offer from San Diego . He spent his entire middle school in the same private school where he managed to hit high grades everywhere again. His passions are History, Hockey, Video Games, Soccer, F1 and he watches a bit of WWE. 

eLUJNIc.png Graphic credits to : @kirbithan

Spoiler

word count: 1 028