Should the VHL ever do a reboot?

Devise

• Head Moderator

I've always thought the hardest part of a league's survival is the cycle. You have to reach the point where you active core base of members is recreating, at different times, to bulk up draft classes. This would make the VHL have to go through that again, as most of the players would play a full career and for 8 seasons we would have little in the way of interesting drafts.

I love inaugural drafts though.

Provide additional turnover TPE percentages to entice earlier retiring?  Surely playing longer is ideal if you're working towards something, otherwise it may aide in spreading the wealth a bit.

As I stated, not exactly an idea I was fond of. But it was kicking around in my head and I needed to write 150 words so. 

You bring up a solid point though Noah. Maybe some type of tournament done every 5 or 10 seasons, where GM's of each team basically participate in a full season of just newer players and people would get a percentage of TPE they earn towards these players. Then when the tournament comes back, people could choose to keep their TPE from last time and keep these players, or start from scratch again. It'd be a bit of a longer off season, and it could replace Super Cup/World Cup. You'd have to figure out a schedule and it'd certainly be some work. But I think it could be interesting. Season simmed in like a day or two and playoffs simmed in a few days as well. 

Would be kinda cool.