Continental Cup Finals: Game 7

VHL Games

• MexicanCow123 changed the title to Continental Cup Finals: Game 7

Hard work pays off, dreams come true.

Bad times dont last, but bad guys do.

Congrats to the biggest heel of the vhl, @Tate. For not only winning the cup, but finally abandoning this league. I wish I had your courage.

Congrats to the rest of you too. Still haven't caught up to me.

GG Prague. Could have gone either way. It looked like Prague was going run away with it after the first two games. But the Phantoms have a bright future ahead of them. Sorry to my teammates and GM @Acydburnand congrats to the Wolves players! :cheers:

adult swim animation GIF

What a amazing series that looked lost after the first two games. To comeback and win against my former team like that in Game 7 is completely heartbreaking for Prague but amazing for the Wolves. Happy that it went seven and it was close!!

Also no one is mentioning the General Fight in the middle of the game!!

It was a War on the ice!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1 hour ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

adult swim animation GIF

What a amazing series that looked lost after the first two games. To comeback and win against my former team like that in Game 7 is completely heartbreaking for Prague but amazing for the Wolves. Happy that it went seven and it was close!!

Also no one is mentioning the General Fight in the middle of the game!!

It was a War on the ice!!

the irony of it being you :P

Game recap:

What a thrilling, yet low scoring end to the final series, where the only thing overshadowing Phantoms elite goaltending was Wolves HOF caliber goaltending. The Phantoms took control early, peppering Brandt Fuhr with 23 shots in the 1st period - compared to the Wolves' 13 shots - but neither Fuhr nor Clueless Wallob allowed the puck to get past them. Second period was much more even, and it brought the first goal of the game, after Pierre-Emile Bouchard blasted the puck past Wallob on powerplay in the last 4 minutes of the game to put the Wolves up by 1. The Wolves were not able to carry the momentum into the 3rd period as Faith Hope Love tied the game just 49 seconds in and slightly tilted the ice in the Phantoms for the whole period. But Fuhr stood strong just like Wallob, and the game was tied at 1 after the end of 60 minutes. Faith Hope Love might have been the hero in the 3rd period, but unfortunately for his team, his minor interference penalty gave the Wolves another powerplay opportunity that allowed Pierre-Emile Bouchard to end the game with his second goal.

Congrats, Wolves!

Recap because I'm an idiot.

The cup is in the building! What could be better than Game 7 under the lights. It's a chance for the Vancouver Wolves to return to the top table after the meta era, while the Prague Phantoms are looking to win their first title for an extended run. 

The Phantoms came to play in the first period. They mustered 23 shots on goal in the opening frame but Brandt Fuhr was equal to every single one of them. His Wolves' teammates eventually showed up, as they would go on to net the first goal of the game with just 3 and a half minutes to go in the second frame. On the powerplay, Biggie Cheese found Pierre Emile Bouchard at the back door, who ripped home for just his second goal of the playoffs.

The Czech side would come out swinging in the third though. Faith Hope Love would score after just 49 seconds to tie the game at one, and it would be the Phantoms who outshot the Wolves 2 to 1 in the third period.

With no score, the game would go to overtime. Faith Hope Love would turn from hero to villain however, as while they sat in the box, Bouchard ripped home 10 minutes into the extra frame to seal the game, and the title, for the Vancouver Wolves. Bravo!