BRING BACK THE CHAMPIONSHIP BANNER, This is why

UnknownMinion

I have a few reason why the banner should be returned back on the forum, and its might also help with some and why I want the banner to return and have a banner graphic competition.

1, Recruitment, the forum looks boring, the banner added some color, now when your open up to the forum its not very eye catching. the banner made it scream hockey and was eye catching. when something catches your eye your more likely to stick around or try it out, right now you just get to see a lot of text!

2. It added more too the off season, having to make a banner then vote on it meant we had some thing to do and with the off seasons being two weeks long its nice to have a themed Graphic to make and was fun to make, it creates conversation, and I'm sure winning feels great, and if tpe inflection in the issue, just make the prize an full week cap, or its just one person so we k have to worry too much :)

3. it celebrates the teams achievement, you get to first page for a whole season and that something that feels great to see, the team you built or was a part of logo, beside the word Champions for two months. It just adds to the achievement!  

look maybe I'm over dramatic but bring it back anyways we even have three commish again or one of the E or M guys can run it and that would work, JUST PLEASE BRING IT BACK

• Commissioner
55 minutes ago, UnknownMinion said:

look maybe I'm over dramatic but bring it back anyways we even have three commish again or one of the E or M guys can run it and that would work

It wasn’t remotely the work load that was the issue, it didn’t take us much time. It’s simply that there was very few options by the end, a lot of manipulation with the vote, and in general a solid amount of complaining that eventually just made it not worth the hassle. Some of that was of course made worse by the MetaWolves winning 3 straight.

I’m not saying it can never come back but it certainly outlived it’s welcome the last time as far as I’m concerned.

They would need to make the TPE pay better if they wanted a submission from me. It takes a lot of time to make those and we were only paying the winner 5 TPE..

just saying.. that’s what stopped me from submitting the last several seasons it was in existence.

1 hour ago, STZ said:

They would need to make the TPE pay better if they wanted a submission from me. It takes a lot of time to make those and we were only paying the winner 5 TPE..

just saying.. that’s what stopped me from submitting the last several seasons it was in existence.

Same, lots of work and on top of that i cant compete with the better graphic makers, thats why i stopped

I plan on making one anyways and didn't even know the site banner was ever a competition lol it will be submitted piece by piece and then all the elements will come together for the last big picture.

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, STZ said:

Problem being throwing too much uncapped at one specific thing that not everyone can do because unfair, that’s why it was low. I mean it also counted as your PT for the week at least so consider the hours saved on that as well.

Just add it to my reasons to not bring it back though.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Problem being throwing too much uncapped at one specific thing that not everyone can do because unfair, that’s why it was low. I mean it also counted as your PT for the week at least so consider the hours saved on that as well.

Just add it to my reasons to not bring it back though.

Yeah just not worth it.. the argument that it can be counted as PT.. I can do a graphic PT in 5 mins. 

anyways I’m not arguing for it, I’m just explaining why I stopped submitting. 

I think we should bring it back as well. My only issue with it is that it tends to be the same couple people always winning it but any graphic is better than no graphic. Maybe bring it back next off-season and see how it goes!?!? Worst case Ontario we stop again.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

I think we should bring it back as well. My only issue with it is that it tends to be the same couple people always winning it but any graphic is better than no graphic. Maybe bring it back next off-season and see how it goes!?!? Worst case Ontario we stop again.

Ontario is in fact the worst case.

Just bring it back - second chance it, give 7 TPE to the winner.  If it goes to shit again then that's the writing on the wall.

I think it does look good having a graphic on the home forum page, also a nice little reminder for cup winners.