scoop plays Backyard Baseball 2003

scoop

Youtube recommended me some video on the Backyard games series so I watched it and felt nostalgic, so I'm going to go ahead and play some Backyard Baseball until I get bored of it after probably like four games or something.

I'm outsourcing the selection of my roster to the first eight people who pick a player, and I will round out the roster with the last selection. No major league players on the team. Pablo is allowed, but only if one of you puts him on my team; I will not add him myself.

We will be the Blue Bombers because of course we will. We also need a home field; anyone can vote on that if they'd like.

Roster:

1. Pete Wheeler

2. Pablo Sanchez

3. Kenny Kawaguchi

4. Marky Dubois

5. Luanne Lui

6. Kiesha Phillips

7. Kimmy Eckman

8. Sidney Webber

9. Ricky Johnson

image.png.6489a7ee23dd96ec5f8afffe29e25b81.png

Playing on Hard difficulty, six innings, errors on, no swing spot, no pitch locator.

Edited by scoop

At 5th overall the Blue Bombers are pleased to select Luanne Lui.

I only ever played the original 1997 version, but she's basically a poor man's Pete Wheeler, making her a mini-GOAT.

32 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

At 5th overall the Blue Bombers are pleased to select Luanne Lui.

I only ever played the original 1997 version, but she's basically a poor man's Pete Wheeler, making her a mini-GOAT.

But she can also pitch.

4 minutes ago, Enorama said:

200.gif

Blue Bomber in my case is a reference to Mega Man, not this.

3 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

You are too kind! 😁

Pete, Pablo, and now Kiesha as well? I've got the three best kids on my team. Based on what I'm being given, I'll have to go with a not-so-great kid as the final pick.

Game 1 of the season in the books. It was a 10-5 victory for the Blue Bombers, but it wasn't pretty. The outfield did make four errors (two from Pete, one from each Sidney and Kimmy). The infield played well, with Pablo making some nice plays at shortstop and Kiesha showing off her cannon at third base, though the dirt field we were playing on made for some tricky bounces that led to hits on plays that could have been made. Ricky caught everything that was thrown to him at first, which is all we need from him.

Pablo and Kiesha both him homers in a five-run second inning, but the first dinger of the season actually came from Kimmy earlier in that inning. Peter went 4-4, while Kenny struggled at the plate, striking out four times.

Luanne gave up five runs in 4.1 innings of work, thanks in part to those errors that were made. It wasn't all on the defense, though, as she did give up two home runs. Kenny closed out the game with 1.2 scoreless innings.

On 1/13/2023 at 3:32 PM, scoop said:

But she can also pitch.

Petey's a decent pitcher IIRC, though those talents are wasted because he needs to keep his WHEELS.

Speaking of which, I never drafted Kenny because I'm ableist, but I'm curious if Sunny Day ever says, "Oops, the wheels fell off!" whenever he falls over to turn around when running. Or maybe he's immune to falling over... 🤔

4 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Petey's a decent pitcher IIRC, though those talents are wasted because he needs to keep his WHEELS.

Speaking of which, I never drafted Kenny because I'm ableist, but I'm curious if Sunny Day ever says, "Oops, the wheels fell off!" whenever he falls over to turn around when running. Or maybe he's immune to falling over... 🤔

Yeah, that's the same for Luanne I'm finding actually. She has three good pitches but her stamina is terrible so I've changed it up and made Kenny my pitcher. His stamina is incredible and he can utilize most of the power up pitches really well. He actually has a second perfect game now.

I'm not sure if he's immune to falling over, but she says that when people fall over. Maybe she specifically doesn't say it for Kenny though.

9 hours ago, scoop said:

Yeah, that's the same for Luanne I'm finding actually. She has three good pitches but her stamina is terrible so I've changed it up and made Kenny my pitcher. His stamina is incredible and he can utilize most of the power up pitches really well. He actually has a second perfect game now.

I'm not sure if he's immune to falling over, but she says that when people fall over. Maybe she specifically doesn't say it for Kenny though.

I never once realized that different characters had different stamina usage 😅. Other than Mr. Clanky, of course.