Career Reflection Todd Cooke

KRZY

As LA Stars Centre Todd Cooke gets ready to begin his sophomore season with the Stars we’ll take a look back and ahead at things to come ! 

Cooke came into the VHL as a highly touted S84 draft prospect in his waiver season in S83 with the Ottawa Lynx and had a good showing while trying to find his footing in the VHLM . The next season Cooke lead the Houston Bulls in scoring unfortunately they fell short in the playoffs and were knocked out early . Cooke then took his talents to Oslo and found success with the Storm putting up moderately good numbers and helping the Storm win the S85 renaissance cup . In S86 Cooke finally made the bigs and began his journey with the LA Stars . He had a very lacklustre rookie season on a disappointing Stars team.

Looking ahead Cooke is starting to come into his own in the VHL as a player hoping this season is his best yet ! In the remaining seasons left in his career Cooke is looking to establish himself as a top tier player in the VHL . With hopes of caputuring a Continental Cup or two with the Stars! Cooke wants to become a household name in the league and quite frankly he has the drive to do just that . 

Hopefully the next half of his career is filled with tons of memories and championships . Individual awards while nice are secondary to Cooke right now . “Yes I hoped initially that I would one day attain some and a spot in the hall of fame . But honestly team success means more to me right now in this stage of my career “ Cooke stated in an interview after todays practice .

Cooke hopes to be remembered as a player that could fill whatever spot he was asked to play in the lineup . As well as an all around team guy that lightened the mood in the locker room and lead by example with his work ethic on and off the ice . 

when asked how he wanted to be remembered Cooke had this to say .

“ You look at the guys who came before before me in this league I think most would say the same thing , in that they’d want to be remembered more as a good teammate and a guy that played the game the right way , then a guy that was only in it for himself “ 

One goal Cooke has set for himself is to finish his career with at least one Continental Cup . And on a personal note as one of the higher TPE earners of his draft class . With maybe one or two individual awards sprinkled in there too .

Hopefully this driven individual can accomplish the goals he’s set out for himself as well as finish his career as a player worth remembering. And one who cared more about the team he played for them himself