Hockley Mann @Sen
Freddy Freeze @G_Rush
Budnik McDangle @Budnik
Hayden Rain @Rain
DJ Fire Dragon @Firekiss
Joey Coaster @FANTEIGE
Gus Bentley @boatsinking123
Christopher Young @Laflamme

All of these players would be considered active by the VHLM standards and yet likely won't play in the VHL this season.

1 minute ago, Dil said:

being the key words

actively going to the website and clicking the buttons and wanting to be in the league. If they didn't they wouldn't be coming on the website every week.

Give me a 500k boost to the backup exemption and I would have Fire Dragon back in a heartbeat. I'm sure that would help for any other goalies on the list.

As for the others:

Chicago has $5M in cap space

Helsinki has $13.5M in cap space

Toronto has $5.5M in cap space

That's room for all 9 of these players.

4 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Give me a 500k boost to the backup exemption and I would have Fire Dragon back in a heartbeat. I'm sure that would help for any other goalies on the list.

As for the others:

well then the rules should state that when teams have available salary cap and players arent playing they have to sign them

29 minutes ago, nurx said:

Phoebe Bridgers @PhoebeIsQueen
Hockley Mann @Sen
Freddy Freeze @G_Rush
Budnik McDangle @Budnik
Hayden Rain @Rain
DJ Fire Dragon @Firekiss
Joey Coaster @FANTEIGE
Gus Bentley @boatsinking123
Christopher Young @Laflamme

All of these players would be considered active by the VHLM standards and yet likely won't play in the VHL this season.

15 minutes ago, Enorama said:

As for the others:

@JeffD @Rayzor_7 @Moon Sign these kids I guess!

2 minutes ago, Berocka said:

How do you make that work. If no one signs you in the VHL you can go to the E

Im not sure but I honestly think it would be a good idea as it would bring some more active(ish) players down to the E

But seriously, I would genuinely would like someone to explain to me why the cap hasn't been raised with the nine season careers inflating TPE totals. I just can't grasp the logic, unless it was just analysis paralysis that prevented it.

Flexibility for GMs is good! Options for players being able to move where they wish is good! A super tight system where literally 80% of the league is right against the cap and it all comes down to who can manipulate STHS the best isn't great! You don't want a completely open system that allows for super teams, but the mix right now seems very far to the other end.

37 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

But seriously, I would genuinely would like someone to explain to me why the cap hasn't been raised with the nine season careers inflating TPE totals. I just can't grasp the logic, unless it was just analysis paralysis that prevented it.

Flexibility for GMs is good! Options for players being able to move where they wish is good! A super tight system where literally 80% of the league is right against the cap and it all comes down to who can manipulate STHS the best isn't great! You don't want a completely open system that allows for super teams, but the mix right now seems very far to the other end.

I think raising the cap could lead to certain teams tanking harder and competing team having much stronger rosters

38 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I would genuinely would like someone to explain to me why the cap hasn't been raised with the nine season careers inflating TPE totals

But the cap was raised from 40 to 42 million, and we also changed how depreciation works (twice if you factor in the initial addition of depreciation for the 9th season) to prevent player cap hits from excessively inflating, which is also part of the issue. 

We have multiple BoG threads, some short-term, some longer-term to address the salary cap, salary brackets, and how contracts work in general. We're absolutely not sitting on our hands, and I'm happy to write a BoG update if the community feels one is necessary. However we can clearly see that there are teams this season with cap space who just have not made an attempt to sign some of these free agents and I'd like to see those teams make some sort of effort first. For future seasons, we'll likely have some fixes that don't include expansion.

5 minutes ago, Spartan said:

But the cap was raised from 40 to 42 million, and we also changed how depreciation works (twice if you factor in the initial addition of depreciation for the 9th season) to prevent player cap hits from excessively inflating, which is also part of the issue. 

We have multiple BoG threads, some short-term, some longer-term to address the salary cap, salary brackets, and how contracts work in general. We're absolutely not sitting on our hands, and I'm happy to write a BoG update if the community feels one is necessary. However we can clearly see that there are teams this season with cap space who just have not made an attempt to sign some of these free agents and I'd like to see those teams make some sort of effort first. For future seasons, we'll likely have some fixes that don't include expansion.

Half the bog is inactive though. 

Edited by Frank