S87 Calgary Wrangler Captains

Ricer13

0265ADF1-C0B2-4C46-B5B2-CB31DECD4F8A.jpeg.d6f8d5f51327fe15f81f70fa63da144f.jpeg

We are a day before the start of the regular season. We just finished up our team votes yesterday for our assistant captains and are ready to make our formal announcement on who is going to be our leaders for season 87.

Alternate Captain: Landon Wolanin @jacobcarson877 is returning in his second season as an Alternate Captain for the Calgary Wranglers. He has been a natural leader for this team since he joined the VHL and is now being rewarded by his team mates who selected him to be apart of the leadership group. 

Alternate Captain: Leandro Goncalves @leandrofg has been voted to be an Alternate Captain for the first time in his career. He has always been a leader for this team but is now getting the recognition he deserves. He has always put the team first and that’s exactly what we expect from a leader in n this team.

Captain: Daniel Janser @Daniel Janser is returning for his third season as the teams Captain. He has been apart of the leadership group for 5 seasons now. This season it only felt right to give him the Captaincy as he has proven time and time again that his heart if with this team. He’s dragged this team to the top of league over the past few seasons and I expect he will continue to do the same as we chase that elusive Continental Cup.

Congratulations to our Captaincy Group. Now let’s get to work and have another successful season in Calgary.

It is time to kick ass and chew gum... and I am all out of gum...

on a more serious note, it is an honour to be a Captain for this team with all the people past and present I had and have the pleasure to interact with. Calgary is one of the original eight teams (and one of two to never have had a name or location change) and it is a privilege to play for and lead a team like this.

I wish to extend my thanks to the management as well as my peers for the trust they put in me to lead this franchise to new (or old) heights.

Just now, Daniel Janser said:

Calgary is one of the original eight teams (and one of two to never have had a name or location change) and it is a privilege to play for and lead a team like this.

Thank god for trivia teaching us all these facts 🤣

• 1 month later...