S87 Oslo Storm Jersey Retirement + Captains

JB123

Webber Retired Jersey.jpg

With the season scheduled to start tomorrow, it's again time to name our captains here in Oslo. However, first we have something special to announce: our first retired number. Jon Webber Jr ( @Webberj), captain of Oslo's two championship teams thus far, will have his #91 officially retired later this season. There have been so many great players who have made their mark on the Storm organization, especially during the last two Cup runs, but it only makes sense to honor Webber at this point in time. 

Oslo's first pick in Season 84, Webber would first take the ice for the team in S85, where he was elected captain by his peers, a role he would honorably serve in for two seasons. During that time, he would establish himself as a prolific scorer, and climb to second place all-time in goals (65) and points (148) for the club, as well as third in assists (83). He also is the leader in game-winning goals with 17, plus/minus at +50, and shots with a total of 904. He was second in the VHLE in points (93) and assists (55) in S85 as well. As it stands, he is first in Oslo playoff goals (11), tied for second in points (20), and tied for first in game-winners (4), one of which was the S85 cup-winning 2OT goal. 

However, in addition to being a fantastic player, Webber was a terrific presence to have in the locker room too. He led not only with his play, but also with his words for two seasons, hyping up the rest of the team. @KRZY and I are both very glad to retire his jersey. He will certainly be missed here, but we are excited to see what he'll do in Riga this season and beyond! 

Now, to announce our S87 Captain who will succeed Webber, and our alternates!

Captain: #8 Brodie Landry III @Brodie_Landry

As the longest-tenured Storm player and a nominee last season for top defender, Landry was an ideal choice for captain. He has always been very active in the LR and passionate about Oslo. We are confident in Landry to lead us on our quest for another cup!

Alternate: #7 Ben McLaughlin @Ben mclaughlin
This will be McLaughlin's second season in Oslo. They will undoubtedly play a huge role in our offense this season, and we can't wait to see how they do! McLaughlin has been involved with the organization for a few seasons total now, and has had a great outlook on the team in general, bringing much enthusiasm to the discord.

Alternate: #55 Hunor Solyom @solyom

Solyom first joined us in S85 after being drafted in S83. They have been very loyal to Oslo, and will certainly be pivotal to our back end this season. We are thrilled to have such an awesome person in the LR this season!

Alternate: #89 Jimi Jaks @kelvi

Jaks brings some veteran leadership to the squad from a member perspective, as Kelvi has been part of the league for a while, and is currently serving as Riga's AGM. We didn't expect Jaks to play in the VHLE this season; that being said, we are ecstatic to have such a talent, and a person like Kelvi on the team.

That's all for now, LETS GO STORM!

Congrats @Webberj it was a blast having you in our organization the last 2 season the jersey retirement is definitely well deserved !

@Brodie_Landry @Ben mclaughlin @solyom @kelvi JB and I couldn’t think of a better group to lead the storm this season each of you is well deserving of the letter on your chest !! 

LETS GO STORM

@JB123 @KRZY.. It is an honor to have my number retired.. I appreciate all the help and confidence you two had put into me for the 2 seasons in Oslo.. I really enjoyed my time there as well as the rest of the team.. Goodluck this upcoming season. Go get that three peat.