Blabbers blabs about the league

Blazzer

One crazy offseason later, Las Vegas Aces officially signed Juan Ceson. As the offseason was inching to an end, more and more teams came forward to offer a contract to Juan. This included the S86 champions, San Diego Marlins and Juan Ceson's favourite holiday place, Mexico City. Juan did not make it easy for any of the teams and Vegas had to put quite the amount on the table for Juan. The management has something to say about this. 

"We had to show that we are committed to signing Juan Ceson hence we offered what we could and even more to have him play in our arena, on our end of the ice. Juan provides an incredible presence on and off the ice, the city of Vegas loves to watch his hockey and now we are proud to have him back, wearing the C for us! The whole is pretty stoked to start the season now."

Fast forward to the presence-

The season is two sims in and we are seeing Vegas be in the middle of the pack. I'm gonna talk about this from a personal point of view and be more first person about it. The season is off to an okay start but I won't go ham about how we're doing better than expected. As we hit the second and third week, we will see players getting dropped and teams losing a little firepower and this doesn't exclude Vegas.  I do hope that we can continue this trend of getting decent wins, having fun and success. As a GM in the VHLM, what should our job really be? Getting wins? Helping new creates? Managing retention? Having fun? There is no defining line to this question but there is an ideal answer. Recently, what's eating me up is players not responding to LR invites or attempts to reach out to them failing. There is only so much one can do but somehow this also eats me up as I will have to drop players from the roster if they fail to stay active and the impact ripples across the league. 

This is definitely not an easy job but we get paid to put in more effort. Being a VHLM GM has to be the hardest GM'ing spot in the league but I am honestly enjoying every bit of it.