Olivier Gauthier - San Diego Marlins Starting Goalie

fonziGG

Hello everyone! It's me, Olivier Gauthier, the goaltender for the San Diego Marlins. I wanted to take a moment to talk about our team and how friggin hot we've been to start the season. We've been 6-0 and this defence has been rock solid infront of me.

Now I know what most of you are going to say... "Olivier, it's early in the season..." or "Theres a long way to go". Yeah, I know. However, I genuinely believe that this strong start is going to be key for a positive season. I've noticed that it's given the team some confidence and a lot of the players have a skip in their step. My teammates also have an extra edge in practice as well. It feels like everyone is taking this season seriously.

Now as you know, me being a goalie means I have one of the more important jobs on the ice... Keep the puck outta the net boy... And thats what I do thanks to my teammates as well. I've been working extra hard to stay sharp and be prepared in every single game. So far, it's paid off and I'm happy about that. However, we know it's a long season and the hard work has to continue paying off. It's been a pleasure playing in this team though as they have helped me get the strongest GAA and save percentage in the league.

As I mentioned previously, the whole team has been playing their hearts out. Some of the players on this team are so talented, I can't wait to see them get to the VHL and become a class apart. The main reason I say that is that we have some strong leaders in this room and everyone has had a part in supporting each other. I've never been on a team with this much chemistry. It helps that off the ice, we've been getting to know each other as well and with the coaching staff. I even learned that we're supposed to pray to some dude named Simon? Who the hell is Simon? Anyways that slightly sidetracked me... Well massively sidetracked me... The Marlins organization has been nothing but first class at honing this group together.

Theres a long season to go and a lot of practice and hard work still needing to be done. However, I think if we can continue working the way we've been working and playing the way we've played... We can accomplish some scary stuff. It's going to be a fun season and I can't wait to see the outcome. In the end, I'm just happy that San Diego gave me a shot. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and I hope you'll cheer us on. Lets keep this going and keep the streak on everyone! We really need the fans to step up and show the opposing team that it will be hard to play us at home and only you can do that for us. Lets go Marlins!

Article Review: This is a great article for a season start review, well written, has some humor and celebrates some of the best parts of the VHL experience.  Having access to the San Diego locker room I can definitely confirm they have a shrine to Simon and almost daily the players pay tribute.  Not sure if that is what helped them win the championship last year or not but it has become a ritual of sorts and as long as San Diego keeps winning I doubt it will stop.

I am going to need a VHL rule review completed: Are VHLM GM allowed to create cults in their Discord locker rooms?

Have fun San Diego, good luck on the season.

9/10 for this article.