Interview with JCarson, manager of Molly the Cat

JCarson

I would like to thank JCarson for joining us in this interview. For those of you who do not know JCarson is the manager of Molly the Cat, up and coming VHL star. We invited JCarson to join us to get some of the behind-the-scenes information about Molly the Cat and their interaction with London United. JCarson, you have been working with Molly the Cat since their VHLM season and from what I have heard even before that. Is there anything about Molly the Cat that you can tell us that our readers may not know?

I would first like to thank you for having me here. You are correct I have been working with Molly the Cat for some time, they first approached me as they were graduating university and looking to transition to professional hockey. Unfortunately, I am not sure there is anything that I can tell you that your readers do not know. Molly the Cat is what you see, which I find very refreshing. Too many individuals in sports are trying to put on some sort of persona outside of the game, putting on an act to garner more attention and sell more merchandise. Molly the Cat is just themselves; they go out every night to do their best and from what we have seen their best has made them one of the elite players in the game. 

JCarson,  can you tell us about the last negotiations with London United, Molly chose to sign a long-term deal that may have them retire as a London United player. Can you tell us what transpired? 

London United approached us mid-season to start negotiations, they were eager to sign a deal that would keep Molly the Cat in London long term. I spoke with Molly the Cat, and it was their wish to sign long term as well, to not have constant negotiations being a constant conversation in the background, allow Molly the Cat to focus on hockey. As the two sides agreed on the result, it was easy to broker.  

JCarson, I would like to ask you about Moly the Cat’s current line assignment. Currently Molly the Cat is playing second line with Jack Hextall and Budnik McDangle, is that having an impact on Molly the Cat’s game? 

I know the media must find things to talk about to engage the readership but Molly the Cat’s placement on the second line is not meant to be an insult. We had the opportunity to sit with GM Dil before the season and discuss line combinations. Everyone agreed that Yun Chiang and Molly the Cat, both being strong two-way forwards, should be put on two different lines to maximize team performance. From there, it was decided that Chiang would team up with Ivan Retoslav and Matt Avens' veteran presence, and Molly the Cat would take newcomer Budnik McDangle and veteran Jack Hextall. In all honesty there was more of a conversation on how to arrange the defense. Looking at it now, management got it right. By separating, veteran defensive leaders, Mikhail Kovalchuk and Hari Singh Nalwa and making two strong defensive units it has allowed each line to start strong. 

JCarson, thanks for joining us for this interview, we do apologize that it took so long for us to be able to connect. Your one-of-a-kind insight into Molly the Cat and how they fit into the London United team sheds some light on what we can expect this year. Thank you and we look forward to the next time we can sit and talk.