Around the League in 530 words

Scurvy

Well…the start of the season has many surprises so far with some teams coming out firing while teams we expected to be better are struggling. We welcome a new member hoping to take the M over by force, and a former Predator is making his name in the NA conference.  

VASILE LAMB DOMINATING

Former Warsaw Predator GM and player found himself entertaining some free agent offers after leading the S84 Preds to a Continental Cup.  He landed in DC this off season and has started the season in full throttle.  In his first 9 games he has 8 goals 6 assist 15 points, +7 with 48 hits. Lamb had 53 goals last season and shows no signs of slowing down.  In this young season he is #2 in points, #1 in goals, #2 in shots, #1 in hits, #4 in PP goals, #2 in game winners, and #8 in PIMS.  Great job Dlamb @dlamb

RIP WHEELER WANTS TO DOMINATE AND PUNISH THE M

Over the last few weeks newby ScottyP @ScottyPjoined the VHL (after being hounded for months) and has hit the ground running.  Currently at 92 TPE he said in his media sport he wants to be an Eric Lindros type player.  Now it’s hard to start out great with the limited TPE but he is earning well and in 9 games has 3 goals 3 assists 6 points, and 21 hits.  Not too bad and he seems excited about being a part of the league, although a little apprehensive about completing media spots.  I have high hopes for him and can’t wait for him to get to VHL so I can crack him in the mouth once or twice before I have to re-create. 

OSLO STORM ON FIRE

The defending champs in the VHLE are off and running to a dominant start to season showing why they are the favs to win it all again.  At 8-1 they have a whopping 42 goals scored and only 17 allowed.  They are stacked on offense-defense- and goal.  Jimi Jaks and Halfvar Torbjorn are #1 and #2 in scoring with 18 and 17 points respectfully in 9 games.  Jimi Jaks @kelvi is showing just how clutch he is too with 4 game winners already. 

VANCOUVER-LA SURGING/ CHICAGO -CALGARY SLOWING?

Vancouver is showing no ill signs after a gruelingly long off-season following the cup win.  7-0-1 so far and their defense is on point, only allowing 15 goals so far.  They are going to be tough to beat.

LA is also a surprise this season with a 7-1 record.  The addition of tough guy Vinny Detroit has appeared to change their confidence level. What is truly amazing is they are winning games, and they don’t have a single player in top 10 in scoring.  On defense, Callum Murray @Berocka has emerged as a great (11) points and this team could be difficult to beat come playoff time. 

Surprisingly the very well-built Calgary and Chicago teams are hovering near the bottom of the NA standings which truly screws up my predictions!!  Chicago has some trouble scoring lately and multiple award winner Bo Johansson @Shindigshas yet to break out.  I feel that this is only temporary for these two clubs though.  They are too deadly to remain near the bottom and I predict that they will move up the rankings as the season progresses.  

Have a great week everyone and as always, may you lose to Warsaw!