Starting in Style

Bulduray_1

Top 10 Hockey Celebrations of All Time

Starting In Style

Vancouver - Going back to last season, Vancouver had accomplished one of the greatest feats known in hockey, winning the Continental Cup. With the likes of star players such as Alexandre Leduc, Biggie Cheese and trade deadline acquisition Sergey Preobrazhensky helped lead the Vancouver Wolves to promise land.

Coming into next season, the goal was just the same as last year, go and win it all. The off-season was jam packed for a team like Vancouver, who sought to build on their amazing season. By trading picks and signing players left and right to find any sort of talent to bring into their already amazing roster. This led them to bring in a few key players to help out on their run once again, most notably Nezuko. The D.C Dragon’s star forward who throughout his career, has posted very respectable offensive numbers with the teams he’s played for. 

Bringing in Nezuko was thought to compensate for the fact that Vancouver was going to lose Alexandre Leduc in a trade with the New York Americans for young forward Hasbulla Magomedov and a couple of other draft picks. Leduc was still fresh in the minds of many Vancouver fans, as he helped this team accomplish winning the championship. Having some of the most clutch moments on the ice throughout Vancouver’s playoff tenure. Needless to say, he will be missed by many fans and players alike in Vancouver.

As the season started, Vancouver kept their energy and success alive from last season. Going on an absolute tear with only a shootout loss in over eleven games played. Placing them at a well deserved first in the North American Conference. Today, we'll have star center Sergey Preobrazhensky give some of his takes on how the season has unfolded so far.

Reporter: "Sergey, a new season means new opportunities. How will you approach this season?"

Sergey: "I approach this season like any other season to be fair with you. I want to win, plain and simple, not only for myself, but also for my team. After getting a taste of winning the Continental Cup, I want to go and run it back. You can never have too much success."

Reporter: "Some players left the team, while other players and rookies joined the team. What are your thoughts on this?"

Sergey: "It’s great to have some new players out on the ice with us now. I know it’s hard to get familiar with a new team, but I know as a team, we’ll be able to show all the new guys the ropes."

Reporter: "This Vancouver team was expected to do well on paper, but these first several games had even the Vancouver fans surprised. How has your team been able to keep such an amazing tempo throughout these first eleven games?"

Sergey: "I feel like we picked up from where we left off last season with this team. Even if we have some new additions on the team. We’ve been able to capitalize on our opponent's mistakes and play spectacular fundamental hockey as of late."

The season has started for Sergey’s Vancouver Wolves. It’ll be interesting to see if Vancouver can keep the good times rolling throughout next week. Until then, we’ll be signing off for now.