Jardy and Berocka shame Thunder to man up and do a podcast

Thunder

Could this be the last article written by Thunder?  After being shamed by @JardyB10 on how to do a simple podcast, my nut may have dropped and I could soon be putting away the keypad for a phone app to record the shit that rambles around in my brain while I’m walking.  Unlike Jardy, who walks a cat, I walk a dog.  But, my dog cant rest on my shoulders.  Now I would have liked to see Jardy walking his cat on his shoulders on the streets of Saskatoon, or wherever the futch he said he was.  All I know is that it sounded pretty damn cold, especially considering I was thinking about my new podcast adventure this morning while I was walking the malicon in PV, but without the dog.

In addition to jardy, @Berockaoffered me sound advice on doing a podcast and I’d consider his advice part of the shaming process!  The problem is they are so damn good at their podcasts.  They can rattle off shit  about the VHL like they’ve been in the league forever, which they have.

And to top off the whole podcast thing, my wife decided to chime in on how easy it is to do a podcast, so now I have to ask jardy and Berocka what app is the best?  Thanks.

223 words

Edited by Thunder
Wrong name. Berocka not bekotav

• Thunder changed the title to Jardy and Berocka shame Thunder to man up and do a podcast

I did a podcast for EFL Media Week a season or two ago where I was in fact walking dogs. It was much easier, because I brought them to the off-leash park and walked in the bush trail, which was rather isolated. Of course this didn’t stop me from constantly getting distracted. “My dog is going apeshit over a stick and is rolling in the snow and she’s so fucking adorable. Anyway, football is a sport.”  

Anyway, for apps you can literally use anything. Anchor.fm is great for uploading it, as it will upload automatically to Anchor itself, Spotify, Apple, and probably other platforms too if you want it to. You can also record directly on/to Anchor, so that’s handy.

I personally use an Apple app called “AVR X” to record off my phone. For Nodesodes, there’s no reason for me to do this, since I do not ever edit them. But for Hecking Podcasts, I’ll upload the tracks onto Dropbox to quickly/easily get them to my computer, and then use Audacity to edit in music and whatever else I feel like editing, which is generally not a lot.

My #1 general podcasting tip (for solo podcasting anyway), is frequent and shameless pausing of recording. I may sound seamless oftentimes, so you’ll often hear something like,

”Jake Thunder seems to be having a great season, he’s leading the league in defenceman points and SB and fights, and has already set personal bests in all those categories so far this season.”

But in reality that sentence actually sounds like, “Jake Thunder seems to be having a great season… [PAUSE as I spend a few minutes quietly scanning the league leaderboards. UNPAUSE] he’s leading the league in defenceman points and SB and fights… [PAUSE as I spend a couple minutes clicking on the player page and scanning his past season performances. UNPAUSE], and has already set personal bests in all those categories so far this season.”

Tip #2 is to sound confident in things that you don’t know for sure. “Oh man, Brian Payne got four hooking penalties in the first 10 minutes of the game, that’s gotta be a record!” It sounds good, and better yet, maybe someone corrects you, and that’s interaction with your Point Task, baby!

Now unlike Jardy I don't pause at all. Listen to my podcasts and you'll hear me cough, sneeze and yawn my way through it. No one comes to me for production quality. 

Personally I use anchor to record on my phone as I don't pause I usually set and forget in my centre console and go for a drive. At home on my computer I use audacity to record as I can do some editing on it if needed. If you are recording with people over discord the quickest and easiest way to record is using Craig bot. I would recommend getting it's back up bot called giarc that way there is less likely to be a problem.

I upload everything through anchor and I think it's the quickest and easiest way to do that. 

I personally like to go into a podcast with one or two ideas per five minutes of podcast and ramble about them. 

Any other questions let me know.