Summers on the Riga/Davos Matchup

kirbithan

QQGeJDYWd9yifViIlHM9RGGEFyPWFrTWQwP8NUdwa70bLFOpS6EESq_xGPA_GKcEM7JFQ03liYxWmRTBV1AaQhrO6Dt-SDqxV_o8GSO3dsMeMTo2iNKZmVOBQb1g2dZfg2eicgwNITn1RHNXhICojN0

— Summers speaking to the media after practice.

DAVOS, CH — In a shocking turn of events, the Riga Reign have swept the Warsaw Predators in the EU Wildcard. Preseason predictions had the Reign in a rebuilding state, but this team came to play this season and showed their firepower by dominating Warsaw.

Now, Riga will be facing off against the first seed in the EU, HC Davos Dynamo. Rookie goaltender Lachlan Summers is truly looking forward to this matchup, as his close friend Sadie St-Louis has been absolutely sensational for Riga this season. Both Summers and St-Louis have had impressive rookie outings.

“Of course I’m excited for this. Although I won’t be in net, facing off against Sadie will be special since we’re always pushing each other to be better,” Summers commented when asked about the series and his friendship with St-Louis. “But I’m gonna be rooting for the guys in purple, and I won’t be sorry when Davos sends that Riga team packing.”