Forgive my Sentimentality

Beketov

To be sentimental is a part of human condition. @Beketov it is a beautiful thing to read messages like this as it makes us all put things into perspective on how much this community, our league has grown and how much history there is around us. 

I wish to see you in the league for many, many more years and I hope you will have the most wonderful experience here going foward. You deserve all the praise, you are the true backbone of our large and cosy family! 

I jokingly said last week 'your' league in a different post. And while it is our league, I am convinced it would not be where it is now without your dedication and personal touch. May you have many more enjoyable years in this community. And thanks for your service.

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

ngl these type of intros always makes me think the thread op is stepping down

I figured I’d spook you a bit. Can’t get rid of me that easily.

I don't know wether to say congrats or say what the hell are you still doing here. so I will leave you with congratulations but what the hell are you still doing here.

Edited by samx

Wow, literally half of your life. That's insane, thinking about it. I'm still fairly new here, so I can't really fully appreciate the work you've done for this. But I'm sure it's grown as a game and more importantly as a comunity just as much as you did as a person. Great job!

As someone who's been part of the early days, left, and come back, you have been a constant in my VHL experience Beks and we've even won a bit together. You've done a terrific job and thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this league. I'm proud to be a part of this community.

I hope you know how much everyone appreciates what you do for us. Thanks for everything bek and congrats on the milestone! Should be proud of staying loyal to something for so long

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

When the VHL started I had not yet completed high school, I had never had a girlfriend, hell I had never kissed a girl. I was a lonely nerd turning to the internet to find something to do;

familiar territory for me

I haven't been here long, but I've seen how much work you put into this league. So far, I've been really enjoying the league and the community. I was desperately searching for a hockey sim league one night and I found the VHL and I'm so glad I did! Happy 5717 days ❤️ 

Even though I have only been here seven months, I've definitely seen the commitment to keeping everything going from doing sims to organizing events- thank you! 5717 days is incredibly impressive!

Glad to still have you around. I hope all is members find a way to grow grey and old together on here. Why the hell not?

Thank you for all you’ve done over the last many years. You’ve done an amazing job helping run and shape the VHL. 

Here’s to many more! :cheers: