Forgive my Sentimentality

Beketov

This is my first build and my experience in the VHL has been amazing.  Thank you so much for caring about his league and making it a great place for all of us.

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, emidas said:

What a boomer, probably remembers dial-up and Oregon Trail and VCRs and CDs smh

(Don't ask how old I am this is about @Beketov)

Yes, yes, yes, and yes…. Shit.

9 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Yes, yes, yes, and yes…. Shit.

I even recall tapes and phones with a wheel dial if it is any consolation to you... and puplic phone cells (no not cell phones)... Superman would have a hard time changing on a jiffy nowadays...

I honestly joined sim leagues shortly after a personal life tragedy and honestly, the community really helped support me. I've found friends and that's what led me to joining here. Really wish I joined sim leagues when I was a teenager, but glad to be here now.

This summer marks 5 years since I joined the VHL. Crazy because that's only a fraction of how long the league has been around. Hell, I've met some people who weren't even alive when the VHL started, what a crazy thought. It's kinda cool seeing what's changed in our lives since joining. I much like Bek was still in highschool, never kissed a girl and hadn't done much in my life. And don't get me wrong, 5 years is not that long in the grand scheme of things and there's more for me in-store, but it's cool looking back on the person I was 5 years ago knowing that I'm still GMing Halifax or still figuring things out

Wow, thats a really long time to be here, and its nice to see you stayed with VHL through half of your life and grow as a human in real life same as grow here with the game. two different paths, but both great. So i hope u continue both at least as good as for now:)

• 3 months later...

I stumbled upon this so late...

...Can I still have the TPE? ❤️

15 years though, good lord...I still stand by that if I had known stuff like this existed sooner, I'd have joined a lot earlier than I did.