S88 Salary Changes

Beketov

• Commissioner

Normally we wouldn't really bother with a full announcement just for cap stuff but a lot is changing here as we continue to make required changes on account of hybrid attributes and the VHLE; so I figured it might be worth the visibility, especially for the @VHL GM's. Let's get straight into it shall we?

Rookie Contract Structure Change

First up, the @BOG has noticed that because people are getting to the VHL generally later in their careers, by design, that also means that players who would normally be on cheap "rookie" deals are occasionally starting their VHL careers already into the "prime" seasons of their career. This obviously makes it much less enticing to bring up older VHLE players as opposed to new draftees since prime contracts cost more at the same TPE levels. We are alleviating this burden slightly by making every player's first season a guaranteed "rookie" season. This means that even if someone comes up to the VHL in their 5th season, when they would normally be on a prime contract, they will receive a rookie contract for their first season. After that first season they will return to prime contracts.

Backup Exemption Increase

Minor and quick but as TPE levels have increased so have the amount of TPE backup goaltenders have. Therefore we are slightly increasing the cap exemption of backup goaltenders from $2M to $2.5M.

Salary Bracket Adjustments

In a similar vein to the above 2 we have decided to slightly modify the salary brackets, mainly so that prime cap hits are a bit less of a heavy hit than they previously were. the Salary brackets going forward will be:

TPA Bracket       Rookie                  Prime   
Under 400        $1 500 000        $1 500 000 
401-500            $1 750 000        $2 000 000
501-600            $2 000 000       $2 500 000
601-700            $2 500 000       $3 000 000 
701-800            $3 000 000       $3 500 000
801-900            $3 500 000       $4 500 000
901-1000          $4 000 000       $5 000 000 
1001-1100         $4 500 000       $5 500 000 
1101+                 $5 000 000       $6 000 000

This obviously does a few things but as mentioned the key is making prime contracts a bit cheaper as well as making rookie contracts a bit more expensive at the higher levels.

Temporary Cap Adjustment

All of the above should help alleviate cap pressure a bit but to be sure we are temporarily increasing the salary cap from $42M to $44M. This increase is not expected to last as the above re-structuring takes place but should help things go through a little more smoothly.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

We are alleviating this burden slightly by making every player's first season a guaranteed "rookie" season. This means that even if someone comes up to the VHL in their 5th season, when they would normally be on a prime contract, they will receive a rookie contract for their first season. After that first season they will return to prime contracts.

Players we must go on strike! The bad man BEKETOV is literally STEALING money from us! We deserve EQUAL pay! MVGA!

• Commissioner
Just now, Daniel Janser said:

to be fair his yacht does not pay herself so leave him alone ;)

Hey now, my player is getting screwed as much as anyone.

This seems like a good place to ask for the money that I didn't realize I didn't have

@Beketov I didn't get contract money for this season because I was in the VHLE too early I guess.

I looked back at previous players who went to the VHLE early and while most players got their money eventually, it looks like Randy Bobandy @AJW needs his contract money from S86.

Edited by scoop

• Commissioner
46 minutes ago, scoop said:

This seems like a good place to ask for the money that I didn't realize I didn't have

@Beketov I didn't get contract money for this season because I was in the VHLE too early I guess.

I looked back at previous players who went to the VHLE early and while most players got their money eventually, it looks like Randy Bobandy @AJW needs his contract money from S86.

Paging Mr. Financier @Spartan  and Mr. Dev @Josh

2 hours ago, scoop said:

I Love You Neon GIF

Also @Alex too. Probably late to the party here but better to tag you about it instead of going unnoticed 

19 hours ago, scoop said:

18 hours ago, Beketov said:

Paging Mr. Financier @Spartan  and Mr. Dev @Josh

Yeah me too maybe probably

6 minutes ago, scoop said:

You did get your money. I think it has something to do with me signing with a VHLE team earlier.

I would like to request additional income anyway!

Seems like the BoG are slowly working through issues that should be good for the league. I must have missed the part where the regression fighters in the player store are still the old percents. Or the fact that the TPA tool is using the old percents. Maybe think about increasing the rollover TPE when you recreate since it costs more to improve. Ya gotta look at the big picture, not just a change to the skills. It has a snowball effect and other parts of this sim need to catch up but what do I know. Just my opinion. Good job BoG.