NSFW Topics including both Drugs and Alcohol.

Hey everyone, for a while I've been noticing there is a rather regular occurrence of posts both featuring and or advertising the use of illicit substances - while understandably it's not the intention of the posters themselves to be advocating drug/alcohol use amongst all forum users I think it'd be pretty ignorant to act like this isn't something possibly happening especially considering there is all types of ages within the VHL. The VHL has taken many steps in recent years or even months to protect it's users and make it's users feel much more comfortable and safe, with countless rule changes surrounding potential harassment and making the forums safer for all groups of people and while this is amazing news it is unfortunate to see in getting this it has created this complacency surrounding other potential security risks to members. I don't think you could create a world where both drug and alcohol culture are non existent obviously but there's a fine line between glorifying and promoting the effects of illicit substances and trying to keep the younger members safe that may not be being met.  

-Prof. Z.E

• Head Moderator
13 hours ago, Prof. Zach Enron said:

Hey everyone, for a while I've been noticing there is a rather regular occurrence of posts both featuring and or advertising the use of illicit substances - while understandably it's not the intention of the posters themselves to be advocating drug/alcohol use amongst all forum users I think it'd be pretty ignorant to act like this isn't something possibly happening especially considering there is all types of ages within the VHL. The VHL has taken many steps in recent years or even months to protect it's users and make it's users feel much more comfortable and safe, with countless rule changes surrounding potential harassment and making the forums safer for all groups of people and while this is amazing news it is unfortunate to see in getting this it has created this complacency surrounding other potential security risks to members. I don't think you could create a world where both drug and alcohol culture are non existent obviously but there's a fine line between glorifying and promoting the effects of illicit substances and trying to keep the younger members safe that may not be being met.  

-Prof. Z.E

For open discussion's sake, do you have any particular posts you're looking at that you feel have crossed this line? Due to varying laws in different countries and regions, the grey zone of these topics is extremely wide of course and you already acknowledged understanding that so presumably there are certain posts that you feel are way beyond any reasonable line.

Edited by Baozi