Official Movie Discussion

Devise

Oh and I saw Prisoners as well. 8/10 for me. Loved the way the director set the mood, the storyline was interesting, and then of course Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal were great as usual. Not a phenomenal movie, but a pretty darn good one.

Watched 12 Years a Slave last night. Sooo good, Oscar winning for sure, especially for Chiwetel Ejiofor. 9/10

I'm seeing that with one of my classes in a few weeks. Cannot wait, looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

Zodiac 9.5/10 - If you haven't seen this movie you will want to watch it. There is a lot too it and I would recommend it to the older guys on this forum who would understand some of the lingo used. It's based on a true story of the Zodiac killer in San Fran from the mid 60's to the late 70's

tumblr_m44vwoQTWr1r18ua4o1_r1_500.gif

If you watch the movie, this part will leaving you scratching your head. Also just so there is no spoiler, next time I go to San Fran I will look to see where all this stuff took place.

Edited by Kendrick

Eden Lake - It's a British movie from 2008 I think. It's a played out concept I guess (local people are crazy and attack and kill scholarly, big city types). That said, the performances are really good and there's a few big name actors (the guy from Inglorious Bastards is in it, Fassy or whatever you call him). It's a solid movie, although it's not really an easy watch, a big gruesome at times. I recommend it though. It's 95 percent thriller with a few horror elements, but the horror elements rely on shock scares IMO.

8.5/10

Zodiac 9.5/10 - If you haven't seen this movie you will want to watch it. There is a lot too it and I would recommend it to the older guys on this forum who would understand some of the lingo used. It's based on a true story of the Zodiac killer in San Fran from the mid 60's to the late 70's

If you watch the movie, this part will leaving you scratching your head. Also just so there is no spoiler, next time I go to San Fran I will look to see where all this stuff took place.

I watched this a few weeks ago for the first time. 9/10 movie. Fucking great.

Is that mimi's husband?

• 4 weeks later...

In any case, he lied, for the 2nd film was largely inferior to the 1st. and the 1st wasn't great either.

I'm a fan of the books and think the movies are good, but no where near as good as they're hyped.

Have never read The Hobbit and saw the first movie about a month ago, thought it was good. Saw the 2nd one, thought it was good as well. It entertained me and had some funny moments.

Prisoners - 9/10

So good, amazing performances by Gyllenhaal, Dano and Jackman. Very suspenseful, kept me engaged the entire time. Recommend for sure.

Ender's Game - 4/10

Honestly, I literally just finished watching, and I started watching immediately after I finished reading the book for the first time. The movie sucks shit compared to the book. Like a lot. I skipped a lot of parts, found it cheesy and didn't even make it to the end. Bleh.

Prisoners - 9/10

So good, amazing performances by Gyllenhaal, Dano and Jackman. Very suspenseful, kept me engaged the entire time. Recommend for sure.

Best fucking movie ever.

Into The Furnace 8/10

Was pretty good, but wasnt as good as the trailers look for it so I was a little disapointed but overall great movie. Highly suggest watching it.

Best fucking movie ever.

Into The Furnace 8/10

Was pretty good, but wasnt as good as the trailers look for it so I was a little disapointed but overall great movie. Highly suggest watching it.

*Out of the Furnace

Shockingly, I somewhat agree though I would give it a 6 and would not really recommend. The acting was great and the direction was solid, but it was far too long and had no plot. If you enjoy massive disappointments or temoer your expectations in advance, then go for it.

• Admin

Anchorman 2 pleased me. I fully expected it to be shit and nowhere near the standard, instead just kind of live off the success of the first.

But no, it was very decent. Not as quotable and not quite as good but they did well in making it almost a stand alone film rather than a sequel. If you don't compare it to the first then it ranks very high for me.

And Brick was on fire again (spoiler alert: not literally).

Best fucking movie ever.

Into The Furnace 8/10

I want to see that, because Braddock (the area within which the movie is set) is only about half an hour away from me.

Best fucking movie ever.

Into The Furnace 8/10

Into the Furnace? Sounds like a horror flick ;)