Official Movie Discussion

Devise

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"It Comes at Night" - girlfriend and I rented it because rotten tomatoes gave it an 89%. Now, usually they're pretty good with their ratings. Sometimes, they're wrong too and I've found quite a few where they've rated it low only to find it a very good movie.

This movie was shit. Absolute shit. It's up there with Babadook :P 

Watched The last last sequel of Planet Of The Apes.I've seen all three in the theatre and they're all pretty good.It's crazy what they can do with cgi now.You can totally see the improvement in graphics from the first to last movie.

If anyone gets a chance go watch the movie WarCraft,another good cgi movie.

• Commissioner
55 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Watched The last last sequel of Planet Of The Apes.I've seen all three in the theatre and they're all pretty good.It's crazy what they can do with cgi now.You can totally see the improvement in graphics from the first to last movie.

If anyone gets a chance go watch the movie WarCraft,another good cgi movie.

I'll take good practical effects over CGI any day. Sometimes even the stuff that is done really well I finds is almost done TOO well which makes it stand out IMO. Mind you I also analyze this shit far more than I should so my opinion isn't worth much.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

I'll take good practical effects over CGI any day. Sometimes even the stuff that is done really well I finds is almost done TOO well which makes it stand out IMO. Mind you I also analyze this shit far more than I should so my opinion isn't worth much.

Everyones opinion matters.

I myself prefer good acting and a great plot first and foremost for movies.The two movies that I mentioned and commented about the graphics also had a decent plot with the acting right along.

You guys should check out Sean Penn in U-Turn,Bad Boys.Mel Gibson in The Patriot and Conspiracy Theory and the three movies called Now You See Me with Woody Harrelson.All good plots.

Baby Driver is a movie I wanna see as well,the plot seems good from the trailers.

Im a fuckin movie junkie!

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Nice man! Anything I can check out to watch?

I was an extra in a few flicks before.Pretty boring actually.

That I've done you mean? Unlikely. Sadly I work for a pretty small company doing mostly French TV so most of my work doesn't have much visibility outside of Quebec. If you happen to speak French though we do a great hockey documentary show called Trajectoires for RDS.

In any case, yeah, extra would probably be pretty dull; same with grip work. Personally I work in post as I don't care much for set work. Too much rushing around and then waiting for someone else for my taste. Plus 14 hour days with 1 break aren't exactly fun.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

That I've done you mean? Unlikely. Sadly I work for a pretty small company doing mostly French TV so most of my work doesn't have much visibility outside of Quebec. If you happen to speak French though we do a great hockey documentary show called Trajectoires for RDS.

In any case, yeah, extra would probably be pretty dull; same with grip work. Personally I work in post as I don't care much for set work. Too much rushing around and then waiting for someone else for my taste. Plus 14 hour days with 1 break aren't exactly fun.

I'll def.check it out later.My wife understands French.I had seven years of it in school and you'd think I'd would have learned something!

The last movie I was in was The Assasination Of Jessie James By The Coward Robin Ford.I actually got to meet Sam Rockwell and Casey Affleck.Affleck swears like a trooper! Fuck,fuck,fuck! Haha.k man off to my physio so catch ya later!

• 4 months later...

It was this moment during Jumanji that my buddies and I all burst out laughing:

AlarmingEntireGecko-size_restricted.gif

But other than that, it was a hilarious movie. The main funny parts to me was Jack Black acting out the personality of a hot, blonde high school chick. Since the premise of the movie is that they are high schoolers sucked into a video game, playing the avatars of the characters that they selected.

15 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

It was this moment during Jumanji that my buddies and I all burst out laughing:

AlarmingEntireGecko-size_restricted.gif

But other than that, it was a hilarious movie. The main funny parts to me was Jack Black acting out the personality of a hot, blonde high school chick. Since the premise of the movie is that they are high schoolers sucked into a video game, playing the avatars of the characters that they selected.

My wife and I just came from this movie. I had quite a few comical moments.

• 3 months later...

Watched that "Stronger" movie about the Boston Marathon bombing... I mean, he did a great job playing the part and the movie was amazing..  but I didn't fully enjoy it.

7/10 maybe.

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Should I start reviewing movies again?

@diamond_ace lol

I was bored at work and this was the thread that had a post, so I caught up on it - you can tell how much I really care about movies that I hadn't read the thread in that long

• 1 year later...

I saw Silence of the Lambs last night. Absolutely amazing. Clarice was written and acted perfectly, and wasn't OP. Her weird relationship with Hannibal Lector was incredibly well written. The entrance scene of Hannibal Lector may be the best in movie history. He is terrifying in this movie, and Buffalo Bill is also spooky, specifically those damn moths and his weird voice. All around amazing movie. The best part was 

Spoiler

when the guy had his pen on the bench, and you saw Lector staring at it and you knew shit was going to happen. They planted the seed and then later he took care of them. Also, the part when they are in the ambulance and then he takes off the face of the police officer.