Exclusive interview with Dorji Khan after winning Round 1

Oddpurplefly

The Halifax 21st just plowed through the Philadelphia Reapers with a strong 4-1 series win. They won 3 in a row with 3 big shutouts by their goalie Jon Webber III @Webberj who broke the team record for Shutouts in the playoffs After losing game 4, Halifax went in for a strong finish .In an exclusive interview with Dorji Khan, the towering 6’8" monster on the left winger, shared his thoughts on the intense playoff battles, winning the first round and his team’s quest for glory.

Reporter: “Dorji, congratulations on advancing to the next round! How does it feel to clinch that first-round win?”

Dorji Khan: “Thank you! It’s an incredible experience. The playoffs are a whole different beast. The intensity, the pressure, it’s unlike anything I’ve ever faced. But I thrive on challenges and our team battled hard. That victory was too sweet. Hopefully we keep pushing on just as strong. I’m ready to give it my all.”

Reporter: " You signed late last season with the opposition, The Philadelphia Reapers and won the championship. How do you feel that helped you in this series against them?

Dorji Khan: " I got to know how they play and their strengths as well as their weaknesses. But I think it's the overall experience I gained in those playoffs that made the difference. It gave me a feel for what to expect in playoffs and how it differs from the regular season."

Reporter: " How do you feel about your play so far in the playoffs?

Dorji Khan: " I feel good, I'm focused and feeling strong. I feel like I am improving every game and I keep on pushing my limits."
Reporter: “Your line had a crucial moment in game 3. Robin Sierra’s @ethanjaeda game-winning goal, assisted by you and Pierre Marc Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito

Dorji Khan: “Robin’s shot was like a laser, no chance for the goalie. Pierre’s pass? Perfectly threaded the needle through the defense. It felt like when we step on the ice together, we were like a finely tuned machine.”

Reporter: “You’ve been a key player for the Halifax 21st. What’s been your secret to success?”

Dorji Khan: “Visualization helps. Before each game, sit on the empty benches and I imagine myself making those crucial plays and scoring goals. I get myself in a zone almost like meditating. But at the end of the day, I still need to put your work boots on( or skates ), keep showing up for work and to work, and keep the determination. Honestly my success, I owe it all to the team because my teammates have been amazing. We’ve built a strong bond both on and off the ice. Without them, I don’t know if I would have had the same impact. We’re like a family and that camaraderie fuels our performance.”

Reporter: “What’s your prediction for the rest of the playoffs? What’s your mindset for the next round?”

Dorji Khan: “We’re hungry for the championship. The VHLM Cup is within reach, and we’re not backing down. Our locker room is buzzing. We’ll take it one game at a time, but mark my words... we’re aiming for glory!”

525words
PT week April 29 - May 6

Edited by Oddpurplefly

Great interview!  Khan has been a huge part of our team this season and his value to our team just keeps going up!  I'd hate to have to play against him in the playoffs! 😅

22 hours ago, Oddpurplefly said:

Reporter: “Your line had a crucial moment in game 3. Robin Sierra’s @ethanjaeda game-winning goal, assisted by you and Pierre Marc Bouchard @Gaikoku-hito

Dorji Khan: “Robin’s shot was like a laser, no chance for the goalie.”

“Stop it Khan I’m blushing in a Chinese restaurant right now.”

- Robin