VHLM This Week (December 14, 2014)

Jala

QsRd00z.png

Welcome to :vhlm: VHLM This Week.

TPE Earners

Check out the Fantasy Zone. There are two zones, the VHLM version and the VHL version.

*Anyone can join the VHL fantasy zone, only VHLMers can join the VHLM zone. So go on and jump into both to try and double your gains!*

Most weeks both zones will only have 2 options for you. a) Pick 'em. You are given 4 games and you choose the winners of those 4 games. If you choose correctly and all 4 teams you chose are winners, you are awarded +1 TPE. b.) Predict the score. You are given 1 game and you must choose the winner and the final score. If you are right, you get awarded +3 TPE.

Player store is open again. Use your newly earned contract money to improve your player or see yourself in the mag!

Announcements

Rookie Profiles/Biographies have been tweaked a bit to help separate the two. Check out the differences and if you've started either of them, finish it up and turn it now under the old rubric before the new one takes hold.

Keep an eye out on the job postings, recently there were two openings in the field of writing, one for grading and the other for the VHL mag. A job is a good way to contribute to the league and help keep the wheels spinning, on top of earning some extra TPE.

Yukon named a new assistant GM to take over for Boom and their captains for S41. Great work Rush!

Saskatoon also named their S41 captains and they're all great choices.

The VHL has their Instagram account up and running. Just for following with your account, you get +1 TPE. Simply follow them and then post in the thread. There's also a two PT opportunities you can take a look at in the thread. Good to see social media expanding for the league.

Media

Here are some media spots and Fan590s I was looking at I thought you guys might find to be funny or a good read.

Edition 59 and edition 60 of On the Rise is out, the mag crew works really hard on it so make sure you check it out if you aren't. They seem to post a new edition on Monday, so read that in a hurry, then check out the new one in the next few days.

George Patton continues his adventures and regales us in a new mini-series titled 'The Hero'. Check it out, his last mini-series was a great read.

Blake Campbell, a new VHLM member, had his agent issue a statement on his behalf.

Nik Karlsson shared how his off-season went, which included being drafted to the Seattle Bears and a new home in the VHLM.

You can check out all the weekly updates in media or fan590s.

Graphics

We'll take a quick look at some signatures. These are all made by users and we think these are really well done and recommend you check them out and other submitted sigs on ideas on how to make your own better.

New member rum_ham made this sig. It's simple and a good start and make sure you keep an eye out as he improves.

Wasty created this sig. He's a proven sig maker and keep an eye out for more work from him.

Lots of other that are worth checking out in the graphics section.

Games

The Lynx and Storm combined for 10 goals with the Storm winning this one 6-4.

The Outlaws and Gladiators got out of hand with a final score of 8-7 for the Outlaws.

You can check out all the games that were played in the S41 games section.

Player Spotlight

We sat down with Saskatoon Wild alternate captain Griffin Simons who recently made a reappearance in the league.

You took a hiatus from the league, was there anything in particular that brought you back?

There were a couple factors. Kendrick, my VHLM GM, is also on SHL. He sent me 3 or 4 PMs asking me to come back, so I decided to listen to him. Also, CoachReilly, my VHL GM, got my Davos teammates to send me lots of PMs as well. I'm really glad that they brought me back because I think that I can really contribute to the league.

The Wild have named you an alternate captain and that shows that they have a lot of faith in you being active in their locker room. Do you think you can live up to those expectations?

I do think I can live up to those expectations. We have a great team in Saskatoon and I think that I can prove that their faith has been out in the right person. I think Kurri, Samelsson, and I will do a fantastic job representing the Wild.

This will most likely be your last season in the VHLM before moving up, do you feel that the team built in Saskatoon is strong enough to seal the deal?

I think that we are strong enough. We have huge offensive upside, and most of our players are over 100 TPE. We also have one of the best defensive pairings in the league, consisting of Nicklas Karlsson and Borge Samuelsson. I believe that we could make the finals again, and this time, we can win it all.

What are your personal goals for this season?

My goal for this season is to help my team win the cup. I couldn't do that in the past seasons where I was inactive. This season I want to redeem myself and prove that I am able to stay active and make a top class player.

We also sat down with newly appointed player/assistant GM for the Rush, George Patton. He had this to say.

You're entering your first full season as a player, how do you feel this season will pan out for you as a player?

This'll sound like a cliche, but I really just want a cup in Yukon. I don't really have a preference on big league teams, so where I'm drafted isn't so important to me. I want to win a cup right out of the gate. That would be awesome.

The Rush look much stronger this season, do you think they can push for a solid playoff run?

It's going to be a fun year. Austin's done a good job so far, we have a great team, I think we'll go far.

You were named assistant GM in the off-season, share your thoughts on that.

I got the job as a learning experience and stepping stone to a job of my own, and Austin's doing a good job of explaining why we're doing what we're doing, so I should be well set when I get my own team.

Edited by jaladolar