Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

24 minutes ago, Tagger said:

Went to EGX on Saturday (It's the UK's biggest games expo) and saw a lot of cool stuff! I would say the two best games I played were Beat Saber (This was the PS VR version, which doesn't have a release date as of yet, believe it's out on PC as early access) and Catastronuats (It's like Overcooked/FTL done in a spaceship). Also played some Jump Force, Soul Calibur VI, My Hero: One's Justice, the new Sonic Racing game and some others.

The news that Jump Force had Light as a NPC instead of a playable bummed me out a lot. I was kind of hoping since they showed him in the trailer we'd get some of that. 

Also, how was Soul Calibur? Kyle and I are looking to pick that up to do another Head2Head with it as we both have an affinity for that franchise. 

14 minutes ago, Devise said:

The news that Jump Force had Light as a NPC instead of a playable bummed me out a lot. I was kind of hoping since they showed him in the trailer we'd get some of that. 

Also, how was Soul Calibur? Kyle and I are looking to pick that up to do another Head2Head with it as we both have an affinity for that franchise. 

I enjoyed it, only played a couple of games against another guy in the queue. Took a few rounds to get back used to the controls (the last Soul Calibur I played was 3 and was more used to Tekken controls) but it was pretty quick to pick up. I got to play as Geralt from the Witcher, and I liked his moves and abilities and he seems to be a much better fit than most of the guest characters they've had. 

Edited by Tagger

• 4 weeks later...

Got a new gaming PC last week, it's awesome! Been playing a lot of OW on it, and just had this performance on the Mystery Heroes Deathmatch mode, pretty pleased with it, even more so because it was 20 straight kills with Roadhog (Only death happened cause I wasn't looking at start of game)

dDD68e4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Man, we don’t have nearly as much discussion as we used to in here, I’m gonna blame Discord because I’m old and grumpy.

Anyway, for any of you other old farts that were around during the wonder that was the N64 and Conker’s Bad Fur Day, I offer you this gem:

Think I'm gonna Amazon my ass a Raspberry PI with  the controllers and download a shit bunch of old school Sega, Nintendo, Super Nes etc. I had a ps3 with close to 30 games and I gave it to my nephew for Xmass as it was basically brand new and hardly ever played. I found it too much with all the buttons on the controller.

I don't have time or the patience for playing the newer gaming systems.

NHL 93 man!!

• Commissioner
29 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Think I'm gonna Amazon my ass a Raspberry PI with  the controllers and download a shit bunch of old school Sega, Nintendo, Super Nes etc. I had a ps3 with close to 30 games and I gave it to my nephew for Xmass as it was basically brand new and hardly ever played. I found it too much with all the buttons on the controller.

I don't have time or the patience for playing the newer gaming systems.

NHL 93 man!!

Why bother with the Raspberry Pi at all? Emulators on your computer will run fine. I’ve got emulators for everything from the original Atari up through the PS2.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

Why bother with the Raspberry Pi at all? Emulators on your computer will run fine. I’ve got emulators for everything from the original Atari up through the PS2.

Well I don't want be hauling a laptop or desktop around when I can basically just put this in my backpack/jacket pocket, take it anywhere and plug n play it hooked up to one of my pico projectors.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Well I don't want be hauling a laptop or desktop around when I can basically just put this in my backpack/jacket pocket, take it anywhere and plug n play it hooked up to one of my pico projectors.

Fair enough!

• 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, leafssteen said:

What’s everyone’s thought on Battlefield 5?  

Not overly impressed but it’s not a terrible game. Escape From Tarkov ruined FPS shooters for me, in a good way though. 

3 hours ago, leafssteen said:

What’s everyone’s thought on Battlefield 5?  

I actually enjoyed it more than BF1, to be honest. I think the game just came out around too many others, so it sort of suffered. Most of the people I know that have it, love the game.

I don't really play it much these days, but I buy too many games and that's the issue there.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually go water pokemon out of the gate, but I'm not feeling that Sobble so I'll prolly go Scorbunny

Actually bought a 2DS XL and 6 of the old Pokemon games last week (Yellow, Crystal, Platinum, Black, Alpha Sapphire, Y) cause I've only ever played Yellow and Gold before, so I'm gonna make my way through them all before Sword/Shield.

Edited by Tagger

ive never been a fan of the grass starters but the final evolution will determine if i pick Grookey.

I sold my ds a few years back but i still have all the carts for the pokemon games that i play on my clear Gameboy advance. I abused the shit out of my Gameboy SP playing pokemon until my dog decided it was his next chew toy ?

I never pick grass-type, I always go with either Fire or Water depending on second type or evolutions, but I think I'm 100% going with Grookey this time, even if he or his evolutions suck.

36 minutes ago, FBR said:

I never pick grass-type, I always go with either Fire or Water depending on second type or evolutions, but I think I'm 100% going with Grookey this time, even if he or his evolutions suck.

He's a budget ass Chimchar, and I don't even like Chimchar.

I pick water like 90% of the time, but take Snivy in gen 5 and occasionally take either Cyndaquil or Charmander in their respective gens.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you haven't yall need to try out the Batman Arkham series. Even if you don't like DC, it is an amazing series. Arkham Asylym is good, Arkham City is Amazing, Arkham Origins is meh, but Arkham Knights is also really really good. It is a phenominal playthrough

I bought the entire Arkham series (except Origins) during the Summer Steam Sale. I had played and finished Arkham Knight, but not the others.

• 2 weeks later...