S42 Crucial For Cote And Crew

Ball

What should Cote Do?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Toronto Legion took a huge step forward in their quest build the next powerhouse in the VHL. After a mediocre S40 campaign, the young Legion roster came out of the gates swinging in S41 and made a name for themselves as an up and coming contender in the North American Conference. But, as promising as S41 was, the Legion are going to need to step it up in S42 if they want to continue on the path of success.

As it stands right now, Tyler Cote, Jerrick Poole, Sachimo Zoidberg, Shadu Rathod Jr., and Jamie Hill are all entering their last year of their respective contracts next season. So with half of their roster unsigned through S43 and the fate of free agent Devin Sundberg still in limbo, it will be crucial for the Legion to have another successful season if they want to obtain their core for the long term.

"For me, winning is everything," said Tyler Cote, who was in attendance for Game 3 of the VHL Finals between the New York Americans and the Riga Reign. "Everything else takes the backseat because no one remembers the guys who came up short. With that being said, I love the team we have here in Toronto. I have high expectations for this team, but if we can't take the next step in S42, then maybe Toronto is just not in my future."

A former captain and third overall pick in the S40 VHL Entry Draft by Toronto, Cote had a break out season in S41, recording 85 points and amassing a league leading 404 hits for the Legion, putting him in the talks of the Scott Boulet Trophy for the league top two way forward race. While it is a long shot that Cote will bring home the award with the emergence of Quebec City's Bruno Wolf, Cote still has high hopes that he will win the award this season and for many more to come.

"Yeah, I'll admit it, Wolf is giving me a run for my money this season, he's a bad dude," said Cote in response to if he deserves the Boulet Trophy is S41. "But he isn't as bad as me dog. You give me a guy like Thomassen and a goalie like Waldron to rely on and I'm going for 120 points and 500 hits. I'll give the guy his credit, but I know the GM's know whats good, you feel me son? You wouldn't pick Wolf over David Smalling reincarnated would you?"

With a whole new group of promising young players in Dirk Firkely, Raphael Pettyfer, and netminder Fedir Okranitz making their debut in S42, hopes are flying high in Toronto. If they can obtain Cote and crew after this season, there is no telling how far the Legion can go in the near future.

And if you feel that you wasted your time reading this whole thing, here is a poll. What should I do with Cote? Lemme know your opinions so you didn't just waste 5 minutes reading this nonsence.

Edited by Ball

Keep where you are for now, give them another year or two past what you're signed for, then if nothing, maybe ship off toward the end of your career somewhere. You guys have a lot of good pieces, just so happens that one of them isn't goalie, unless Okranitz becomes that guy.