Claimed:Laichly Rift's Pajodcast Episode 110 - Jizz Jazz [Final 6/6]

Devise

Well you three ganging up on him is getting pretty old tbh. 

I'm just one dude, and if we've all made it pretty clear that I don't speak for the rest of my friends.

As for his GMing, he's put himself in the public eye. If he can't handle the critics he shouldn't be doing it. His trades and negotiations are news, that's something that goes with the job.

Thats great but that has nothing to do with a player who is already a fair way back of some of the better 40's being considered a franchise player. Like I said its just a difference of opinion and definition but kesler doesn't need to come in and be a fag about us giving an opinion on our own podcast.

All three of you constantly shit on him and you expect him not to retaliate? Just cause Brovy is in high school doesn't mean you three need to act like you are as well. . 

All three of you constantly shit on him and you expect him not to retaliate? Just cause Brovy is in high school doesn't mean you three need to act like you are as well. . 

Corco never did, Jason never did. They understood what it was like to be a GM. Every move you make is judged by everyone. Our voice just happens to fall on a lot of ears.

Outside of the cast it's just me, you can lump my friends in if you're simple minded, but I'm one person. I'm the only one who gives him a hard time.

I should clarify I never made an offer to Kesler. I expressed interest in Cattrall, and said I was likely shipping Zadorov, I then followed it with, you interested in working out a deal.

To which he rudely informed me Denver was a "franchise player" to which I disagreed. At no point did I insult him, or his players. Although I certainly disagreed with his assessment.

Kesler Denver is on the BoG, on a mag and earns 7 TPE+ per week currently. He's an active solid member in this league. However. He joined at a late time and was at a disadvantage TPE wise when he was drafted. He had 55 TPE when he was drafted. He currently sits at 279. Which means since September of last year when he was drafted he has earned 224 TPE. That is very solid. But franchise player? 

Look at his own draft class, and I'm even going to ignore Green and Kendrick since they are in the god tier levels of TPE that very few ever get to. Tyler Cote drafted 3rd overall. Cote did have a 200 TPE advantage on Cattrall at the draft. But lets not look at his TPE advantage, lets look at what he has earned since being drafted. Cote had 265 at draft, and currently sits at 520. He's earned 255. Not much more than Denver I'll grant you that, but Cote has kind of slowed down a bit. Move on to Jerrick Poole taken fourth overall. He had 243 at the draft, currently sits with 532 for 289 TPE earned since draft. Zoidberg, who only had 157 when he was drafted, currently sits at 519. He earned a whopping 362 in that exact same time frame. All those players I listed started with more TPE than Denver and earned more TPE. Due to recreating at good times and earning good amounts of TPE they have the chance to truly evolve into franchise level players in my mind. I could probably name a few others.

The one trend you notice though? They are entering their third season, over 500 TPE. Which by season 6 of their careers (when they hit depreciation) they should be at 700+ TPE. Which is about where you want to be to be considered a franchise player by the time you start handling depreciation. Although that is obviously still an opinion. Denver started at a severe disadvantage in TPE at the draft and despite solid activity it will be tough for him to make up for it and transform himself into a franchise player. He sits under 300 TPE entering his third season.

Again I state, there is nothing WRONG with this. It isn't an insult. But when you gauge trade value of a player, and I was nowhere saying the trade value on Cattrall was a straight across for Zadorav, but when you gauge trade value you look at factors like this. The fact that Denver is active and around is great for him, great for you, great for the team, great for the whole league. But that doesn't change the fact that it will be a tough road for him to look at hitting something like 1000+ TPE by the time he retires unless he uptakes his TPE earning. Thus it would be hard for me to be able to consider him "franchise player." 

Edited by Devise22

I think Denver can be a franchise player. He's on the BOG, like you said, and earned 7+ weekly. If Kesler thinks of his active players as franchise guys he wants to build the team with him, what's the issue?

Don't need loads of TPE to be a franchise player, I bet people with 400 less TPE than Laich score more than him tbh.

I think Denver can be a franchise player. He's on the BOG, like you said, and earned 7+ weekly. If Kesler thinks of his active players as franchise guys he wants to build the team with him, what's the issue?

Don't need loads of TPE to be a franchise player, I bet people with 400 less TPE than Laich score more than him tbh.

The issue is that he can't act like Devise commited treason for valuing him lower. If he wants to maintain good working relationships with other GMs he has to learn that other guys aren't going to value his players the same as him.

See what irks me is that people think this is some type of "arrogance" thing. Like I'm saying "your guys are not good enough."

Laich isn't a franchise player, so people with whatever TPE less than him can score whatever they want. When I say guys from S40 have the capacity to be franchise players it's in the future other than Green/Kendrick since Green/Kendrick earned so much TPE already. 

It's just a definition difference. Kesler was offended the inquired about the availability of a player that has less than 300 TPE two seasons into his career. That is my issue. The difference in opinion on franchise player is simply a difference in opinion. To me a franchise player is someone you'd build your franchise around. So if your rebuilding? You'd grab 1 or 2 or maybe 3 of these type of players. Given that you don't always "know" if a guy is going to be a franchise player or not, it's tough to tell that stuff at draft. Member history, previous experience, TPE earned since showing up, league jobs. All of this comes into factor. Denver has a lot of that stuff covered, but he earns slightly less than some of the guys likely to be considered franchise season to season and to top it all off he started at a huge TPE disadvantage. 

None of that says anything about how much TPE someone can earn or how well they can do in the sim. That isn't at all what I'm really debating. Also I didn't "value" Catrall at all. I simply said "you really think he is a franchise player?" To Kesler. I never once made a formal offer on what I think the trade value for Denver at his current pace would be. I have no idea how anyone could of been offended or insulted by what I said to him. 

Edited by Devise22

I honestly think Kesler should be on the next pajodcast as a guest. It would be very interesting to see how he handles himself "live" and it would give him the chance to defend himself.

It could even be a special tell all interview.

Good stuff.